Falcons sign Gurley 1 year deal

Falconof Shadows

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

You are wrong. That's not "almost 30." Rounding up from 27 to 30 is a ton given that's the length of the average NFL career on it's own (3 years).

Along with adding a year since his birthday is in August and he’s 25 right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojibwe said:

Along with adding a year since his birthday is in August and he’s 25 right now. 

He's 26 right now, but your point still stands. 

My reference to 27 was that 2020 will be his age-27 season.

11 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

He's 26 right now, but your point still stands. 

My reference to 27 was that 2020 will be his age-27 season.

August 3, 1994. He is 25 years old. He will be 27 at training camp of the 2021 season. 

Edited by Mojibwe

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You don't sign Todd Gurley to a 1 year deal to have Ito Smith and Brian Hill do the heavy lifting.

There's no long term repercussions to this. I expect they'll run Gurley into the ground as long as he's effective. Then try and sign him to a one year deal next year to do it again.

Very likely. I still don't expect him to carry it 300 times. I'd say 200 for him, around 75 for Hill, around 75 for Ito, and around 50 for Ollison. Get him around 50 targets in the passing game, 25 for Hill in the passing game and 75 targets for Ito. Overall the running backs should be expected to be more active as a whole.

Just now, Mojibwe said:

August 3, 1994. He is 25 years old. He will be 27 at raining camp of the 2021 season. 

Where are you seeing that listed?

Wikipedia and Profootballreference both have him born in 1993.

His NFL Draft profile mentions that he will be 25 by the time his rookie season starts (2018), which would make him 26 for the start of 2019, and 27 for the start of 2020. 

Will be a 25-year-old rookie when next season starts

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

LOL no they aren't. I'm a USM fan and Ito Smith has been an enormous disappointment as a pro. Brian Hill is incredibly limited as a player.

Hill is a good running back, but not great as a receiver. Solid pass blocker too.

Smith has been solid as a runner, good as a pass catcher, and solid as pass blocker as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Where are you seeing that listed?

Wikipedia and Profootballreference both have him born in 1993.

His NFL Draft profile mentions that he will be 25 by the time his rookie season starts (2018), which would make him 26 for the start of 2019, and 27 for the start of 2020. 

He’s toasted af lol. Dudes almost 30

man. 27 rounded off is closer to 30 than 25.. He’s a old af rookie. 

anyways. wish Gurley the best. Atl got Sjax from us and now Gurley lol. Wish that man the best. Love you ATL smash those sinner saints fans to Dante’s inferno. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

He’s toasted af lol. Dudes almost 30

man. 27 rounded off is closer to 30 than 25.. He’s a old af rookie. 

anyways. wish Gurley the best. Atl got Sjax from us and now Gurley lol. Wish that man the best. Love you ATL smash those sinner saints fans to hell. 

It's actually not... that's just math...

Am I taking crazy pills? This feels like I'm participating in that bodybuilding dot com thread arguing over the number of days in the week...

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

It's actually not... that's just math...

Am I taking crazy pills? This feels like I'm participating in that bodybuilding dot com thread arguing over the number of days in the week...

Honestly you might be. Use to be real natty back in the day. The alpha still in me. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

So it would make your year for him to not play? I'm honestly in disbelief of this mindset. 

The NFC championship game was 14 months ago. If you are rooting for a failed physical to still spite the team then it is time to grow up. 

Get off your high horse. Your mindset is nauseating

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

From one injury prone dread lock back to another

xD Yep. But at $6M it's probably worth taking a chance. They don't have much at RB and there isn't much else out there to get. Making a play for a RB even pretty high in the draft should surprise no one.