Falcons sign Gurley 1 year deal

Falconof Shadows

So whats up with the offset does that mean the Falcons are only on the hook for 3.5 mil of that contract for 1 year?  If so im all for this deal and thats chump change to see if you can actually hit a home run if his knees are even remotely healthy and he can be 80% of what he was.

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

It's actually not... that's just math...

Am I taking crazy pills? This feels like I'm participating in that bodybuilding dot com thread arguing over the number of days in the week...

There are 2 days in a week. One day is push weights day two is pull weights...  #no calves of is it calfs?!?   ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

Hill is a good running back, but not great as a receiver. Solid pass blocker too.

Smith has been solid as a runner, good as a pass catcher, and solid as pass blocker as well.

brian hill is not a good rb in any definition of the word. smith is an unknown at best tbh. i dont know where youre getting that they are.

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? They lost a pro bowl TE and a very solid RB. They brought in a complete unknown at TE and a dude who is rapidly declining and injury prone. 

you lose all credibility when you call freeman a very solid rb. Hes more washed than Gurley and had less to begin with. 

Not a bad gamble to take really.  Either he's still got something in the tank and you've got a solid RB...or he doesn't, and you walk away after just the one year.  Curious to see how it will work out, but it's a very reasonable risk i'd say.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:50 AM, LeotheLion said:

I don't think you know what that means. No salt here. I wish Gurley kills it in Atlanta. He'll always be one of my favorites. 

If you are a fan of the man you probably should wish for him to fail his physical and retire to save his body. I'm sure he will end up with knee replacement but it will take multiple and the best idea is to get as long as possible out of his original.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If you are a fan of the man you probably should wish for him to fail his physical and retire to save his body. I'm sure he will end up with knee replacement but it will take multiple and the best idea is to get as long as possible out of his original.

It's all speculative of how injured his knee is. If it's as bad as him not being able to pass a physical then I'd wish he does retire. I don't think it's THAT bad though having watched him last year so it wouldn't make a ton of sense to retire early if he still wants to play and is physically able to do so.

23 hours ago, sp6488 said:

It's actually not... that's just math...

Am I taking crazy pills? This feels like I'm participating in that bodybuilding dot com thread arguing over the number of days in the week...

That's dumb. Everyone knows there 8 days in a week. I'm off to bb.com to inform them of their stupidity

• Like 1

19 hours ago, G said:

There are 2 days in a week. One day is push weights day two is pull weights...  #no calves of is it calfs?!?   ;)

In my best Barkley impression I'm calling you a knucklehead. Next you will be trying to tell me there are more muscles than traps and bis

Edited by Matts4313

21 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's all speculative of how injured his knee is. If it's as bad as him not being able to pass a physical then I'd wish he does retire. I don't think it's THAT bad though having watched him last year so it wouldn't make a ton of sense to retire early if he still wants to play and is physically able to do so.

Well I believe he was diagnosed with arthritic knees so he is just adding damage and shortening their lifespan. If he needs replacement at 35 that may mean he will need it a couple times and potentially a 3rd but more likely he just won't be walking in his late 70s. If he never made a dollar in the NFL I'd say go make some money but he probably should retire and think about his future. It's hard when you are young to make that choice though so I get it but he will probably regret it.

Edited by Thomas5737

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I believe he was diagnosed with arthritic knees so he is just adding damage and shortening their lifespan. If he needs replacement at 35 that may mean he will need it a couple times and potentially a 3rd but more likely he just won't be walking in his late 70s. If he never made a dollar in the NFL I'd say go make some money but he probably should retire and think about his future. It's hard when you are young to make that choice though so I get it but he will probably regret it.

You may be right. If he does choose to retire it certainly won't be the wrong choice.