Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

On 12/27/2018 at 11:37 AM, barnaby8787 said:

Saying Cannon has shown "flashes" is a bit much.  I think he's a special teamer.  Also, I do like Parry, but he hasn't flash anything yet.  Also, what has Shepherd flashed exactly? 

Cannon has flashed on special teams. Arguably the best gunner we have. I don’t know what he can be on offense, but speed goes a long way in this league and he has it. If he can learn how to see the field better, could be a weapon. Gives me a De’Anthony Thomas vibe. 

Parry needs to be more disciplined but was excellent in the preseason. Plays physical and has speed and ball skills to be a player. Just needs to put it all together. Watch his tape against the lions (that was an INT btw). He too has to become more situationally aware, but certainly has the football skills to be a 3rd corner. 

And to continue with the running theme, Shepherd has the talent. He showed disruption with heavy preseason snaps, but as the season has gone on it seems like he still needs to learn the nuances to the game. He’s reading and reacting too much rather than just attacking. Kind of reminds me of Allen Bailey when I watch play and body movements. I also think the Jets should be playing him at the 5T but he’s almost exclusively been playing the 3T, which is far more difficult (facing the LG/C). The way we shuffle our DL is so strange. It works, but it’s strange.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

4 year 36m extension for Enunwa

Pretty much confirms this bum GM is staying. Also, Enunwa needs to stay a lot healthier.

Good. A half decent OC would love someone like Q who is a mismatch for defenders. Of course he needs to stay healthy but my god earlier in the year he looked like our ONLY offensive playmaker. 

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Good. A half decent OC would love someone like Q who is a mismatch for defenders. Of course he needs to stay healthy but my god earlier in the year he looked like our ONLY offensive playmaker. 

Yeah he’s a fringe #2 WR in my eyes. Still need to bring in a better WR though.

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Pretty much confirms this bum GM is staying. Also, Enunwa needs to stay a lot healthier.

Idzik re-signed Kerley then got fired a couple weeks later.

However I think it Macc is pretty much safe because there has been zero speculation of him getting canned.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:05 PM, GangGreen420 said:

Look at 20-25m at the worst if he can't stay healthy in first two years. Is it too much? 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Hush, I'm dreaming. lol 

Honestly, I'm trying to grow confidence in Macc's ability to draft for the next coach so he won't be put into a Bowles situation. 

Same here.    I do think he should hire a veteran GM to be his assistant.  Splitting roles to focus on improving certain weaknesses.  That is what Saints have done in last 3 years but they have top tier HC.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Same here.    I do think he should hire a veteran GM to be his assistant.  Splitting roles to focus on improving certain weaknesses.  That is what Saints have done in last 3 years but they have top tier HC.

True. That's what I will hope for. Can't have this build through the draft plan and pick players who can't stay in the league for 2 years. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Trumaine Johnson's situation is getting bad.  Damn.  He is susceptible to not handling NY market well.  Trade him out of NY may benefit him. umm.  If so, it could be added to MM's failing list. lol.

Who in the actual **** is going to take that contract. WIsh we could.

Archived