Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

21 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Teddy definitely and I think Jimmy G hits the market as well while Belichick drafts Brady's replacement THIS year.

Teddy is probably not going to be eligible 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/teddy-bridgewater-may-not-be-a-free-agent-in-2018/

i have no clue as to what will happen with Jimmy G.  I can’t believe Belichick would let him walk if he thinks he’s going to be a high level starter, especially to an AFC East rival, and all three teams could show interest in Jimmy. I also can’t believe they would pay him 15-20 m to sit on the bench. Maybe they’ll consider trading Brady, although I can’t see much of a market for a 41 year old unless a contender loses a QB to injury or perhaps  Big Ben retires.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Teddy definitely and I think Jimmy G hits the market as well while Belichick drafts Brady's replacement THIS year.

I think they already have their next coach and QB on the roster. I'd go so far as to say they'll franchise Jimmy G and let him ride the bench for a season if Brady is playing well. If he hits the open market I'd hope we do our due diligence but I think not trading him this past offseason was a clear sign that they intend to keep him.

I'd be okay with giving Bridgewater a prove it deal and draft a QB but I think Teddy's career is likely over unfortunately.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:25 AM, doumeyer said:

Look at our three wins, we beat Kizer, Cutler, & Bortles, three of the worst QB in the NFL. And we had to struggle to win all three games. The best thing about our offensive this year has been the O line they really have been playing very well. That has been the biggest surprise of the year, Carpenter & Winters get a few penalties , but that is OK they are two junk yard dogs and that is what we needed. The two O tackles have held their own also. Our next game against the Pats is going to be very interesting, I say it every year but I really feel the Pats are on the decline, I know as long as they have Brady they at going to be tough, how many games can he pull out with those last seconds 40 yard TD passes. Brady & Rodgers play at such a different level than any other QB in the NFL. My big question is when are we going to get our Brady or  Rodgers.? At least we are staying fairly healthy this year, the Giants lost four WR's in one game. That OBJR injury was horrible, will he ever be the same player again, VictorCruz, never made it back after his injury.

Look, I get it. We have taken full advantage of bad quarterback play from the opposition. Which is ironic, because people want Petty or Hackenberg to play and provide the same lame-*** QB play that we've been up against recently. Derek Carr carved us up in Week 2, so chances are Brady will do the same on Sunday. But even with Bortles the Jags have destroyed teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh this season. Miami somehow has two wins and Cleveland is Cleveland. 

All I am saying is we are actually building something this year, even with a 38-year-old journeyman QB. With better QB play, we beat the Bills in Week 1. That's a positive. We were killed in Week 2, but the offense did some nice things against a bad Raiders defense. That's a positive. The last three weeks we found ways to win games that in the past we'd surely lose. Positives.

If the Pats win 44-6 on Sunday, then everybody gets what they have wanted I suppose. A reality check. But as long as this team shows heart and determination and youthful exuberance, how can we NOT root for it to continue?

If you still want us to lose just because of McCown, then I have to question your fandom.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Look, I get it. We have taken full advantage of bad quarterback play from the opposition. Which is ironic, because people want Petty or Hackenberg to play and provide the same lame-*** QB play that we've been up against recently. Derek Carr carved us up in Week 2, so chances are Brady will do the same on Sunday. But even with Bortles the Jags have destroyed teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh this season. Miami somehow has two wins and Cleveland is Cleveland. 

All I am saying is we are actually building something this year, even with a 38-year-old journeyman QB. With better QB play, we beat the Bills in Week 1. That's a positive. We were killed in Week 2, but the offense did some nice things against a bad Raiders defense. That's a positive. The last three weeks we found ways to win games that in the past we'd surely lose. Positives.

If the Pats win 44-6 on Sunday, then everybody gets what they have wanted I suppose. A reality check. But as long as this team shows heart and determination and youthful exuberance, how can we NOT root for it to continue?

If you still want us to lose just because of McCown, then I have to question your fandom.

No way I see the Pats beating us that bad on Sunday, their defense is not as good as ours. We are only a QB away from being a playoff team. If you look around the entire Nfl, you will see there is a lot more teams that have more problems than us. We can talk about it all day long but you can't win in this league with out a Top QB. We still need more help at WR, And another O Tackle, and running back. These needs can be picked up in the draft, but that clown Mac doesn't want to draft O players early in the draft.

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

Send the #7 pick that we will get to the Patriots for Jimmy G

I've been calling for this kid since that draft

I like him a lot, I just worry he was good because of that system and coaching. At the same time I want him out of the AFC East haha 

On 10/11/2017 at 2:29 PM, rdelaney89 said:

I'd agree with you if I didn't believe that this offseason and draft are going to be all offense. I'd be we use the majority of our cap and draft picks on offense this year. Pass Rusher and CB may be the only splurges on defense since Claiborne is a FA after this season.

Problem is is there's not very many good lineman, RBs or WRs that won't get tagged or resigned. 

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Problem is is there's not very many good lineman, RBs or WRs that won't get tagged or resigned. 

Which is why I said FA and Draft. I'm not overly concerned about the RB position or WR. I think we'll resign Enunwa and ASJ while rolling with the rest of they you guys we've drafted. If the OL keeps holding their own than I foresee us drafting players or signing depth there. Ideally if we can get 2 of the 3 PR/CB/QB in FA then we'll be in really good shape come the draft.

2 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Which is why I said FA and Draft. I'm not overly concerned about the RB position or WR. I think we'll resign Enunwa and ASJ while rolling with the rest of they you guys we've drafted. If the OL keeps holding their own than I foresee us drafting players or signing depth there. Ideally if we can get 2 of the 3 PR/CB/QB in FA then we'll be in really good shape come the draft.

I think we need WAYYYYYYY more than what we have at WR and RB.

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we need WAYYYYYYY more than what we have at WR and RB.

I think OL will help more than the skill positions. I see Enunwa as a #1 but I can understand the thought of needing more help. I just don't like the idea of shelling out a ton of money for a WR I think their attitudes can be toxic and hurt a team's chemistry.

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think OL will help more than the skill positions. I see Enunwa as a #1 but I can understand the thought of needing more help. I just don't like the idea of shelling out a ton of money for a WR I think their attitudes can be toxic and hurt a team's chemistry.

Yea to many WR are toxic no question, the only problem is you can't do much without them. What we need is a least one WR like Wayne Chreret, Al  Toon, or Wesley Walker.

Archived