Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

If anything we are sellers at the deadline.  Forte, Powell, Kearse, Beachum, McCown, Skrine, Wilkerson, McClendon.  Anyone on that list that another teams wants to send a pick for is fair game.  After the bye week move on from McCown and go to Petty or Hack.  Lose out and land a top 5 pick.  Take best QB in 1st, best best rusher in 2nd.  Profit.

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We should be looking to trade Forte, McClendon and Skrine. But I’d be all for buying some offensive players. Cousins, WRs and RBs.

Makes no sense to trade picks for non difference making players.  We have Stewart and Hansen at WR who deserve a chance to play more especially Stewart.  Why are we trading for another WR.  Forte should be cut and McGuire should be getting more touches as well.  The season is over after this week, we need to add assets not trade them.  Time to start slowly making the switch from the vets to the kids and see what happens.

24 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'd rather trade pick #5-10 for Cousins then to draft one

I'm with you on trading for Cousins over drafting a QB. But I think our first is to steep a price. The Redskins don't have much leverage unless teams get into a bidding war. I think our second and third would be a good trade for both teams. Cousins is likely looking for $25/year for 5 years (similar to the Stafford contract). I think he is worth it. I'm sort of surprised the Redskins haven't locked him up long-term. Kind of odd. 

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

If anything we are sellers at the deadline.  Forte, Powell, Kearse, Beachum, McCown, Skrine, Wilkerson, McClendon.  Anyone on that list that another teams wants to send a pick for is fair game.  After the bye week move on from McCown and go to Petty or Hack.  Lose out and land a top 5 pick.  Take best QB in 1st, best best rusher in 2nd.  Profit.

I go along with you thinking, what is the point of keeping these guys they are not our future. Keeping them to win a couple of meaningless games doesn't make any sense. I think most of us think the same way. The only one I would keep for the time being is Beachum, because we are so thin of the O line.

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I'm with you on trading for Cousins over drafting a QB. But I think our first is to steep a price. The Redskins don't have much leverage unless teams get into a bidding war. I think our second and third would be a good trade for both teams. Cousins is likely looking for $25/year for 5 years (similar to the Stafford contract). I think he is worth it. I'm sort of surprised the Redskins haven't locked him up long-term. Kind of odd. 

Hey, I'm down for that too

I'm just saying it's dumb to draft, groom, pray he's not a bust, etc. a QB when an elite one is available

Archived