Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

I think we have to get 1 of Jeffrey, Robinson or Moncrief in the offseason. They all have #1 potential more so than Enunwa. And a WR group of let’s say Robinson, Enunwa, Anderson, Stewart is pretty good. Add a great RB to the mix and a LT and we have pieces for a QB.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we have to get 1 of Jeffrey, Robinson or Moncrief in the offseason. They all have #1 potential more so than Enunwa. And a WR group of let’s say Robinson, Enunwa, Anderson, Stewart is pretty good. Add a great RB to the mix and a LT and we have pieces for a QB.

Yup. Also, with the development of ASJ, if we land one of those WRs, solidify the OL and RB position, we have a strong supporting cast for "said" QB. Whoever that maybe. 

On defense, a player I am sort of hoping for is Dontari Poe. I haven't seen him while on the Falcons, but he was an impact player on the Chiefs. 

53 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'd rather trade pick #5-10 for Cousins then to draft one

I'd rather have Cousins as well but I won't trade for him because I think he wants to hit the open market. No way would I risk draft capitol to take Cousins this season without knowing he'd be here long term. Plus he would give us a worse pick by playing well this year haha so lets do this right and sign him to a huge deal with heavy front loading after the season and keep all our picks.

I don't think we need a WR

When does signing FA WRs ever work? Look at Pryor from this off-season

Cousins doesn't target one guy; he spreads it out. Morton doesn't pepper one guy specifically either really, maybe ASJ

Draft Barkley or a LT in round 1

Cousins -> Enunwa

-> Anderson               

-> Stewart

-> ASJ

-> Barkley

19 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Sign me up for this all day

FA

Cousins

Ansah (I think he'll be tagged)

Resign

ASJ

Claiborne

Davis

Enunwa

Ealy

Draft

1) RB - Saquon Barkley or Edge - Bradley Chubb

2a) C - Billy Price or OT Martinas Rankin

2b) Edge - Duke Ejiofor

3) BPA

I consign this

20 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Scott Linehan

Dave Toub

Jim Bob Cooter

Jim Schwartz

Russ Grimm

Harold Goodwin

Todd Downing

Todd Hailey

Tyrel Austin

19 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Pete Carmichael (Off coordinator, Saints).

I am gunning for someone under 46 years old.

My top list is

Harold Goodwin

Pete Carmichael Jr.

John DeFilippo

Kris Richards - Another defensive guy but keeping Morton is possible.

Jim Bob Cooter

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Hey, I'm down for that too

I'm just saying it's dumb to draft, groom, pray he's not a bust, etc. a QB when an elite one is available

Wow so you guys want to trade two picks and then pay Cousins $25M?  Why so we can be the AFC Redskins.  They have a better team around Cousins and still can't do anything.  In what world is Cousins elite.  Very good QB, I can get on board with that, but elite worth trading for and paying a ton of money I doubt it.  If this was 2009/2010 when we were solid QB play away from the superbowl I get it but we are among the worst teams in the league in overall talent.  Horrible idea to even pay him let alone trade assets for him and then pay him.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Landry is my guy.  Him and Q along with a guy like Anderson who can stretch the field is a sweet trio.  Landry and Q are both so versatile you can line them up anywhere.  Stewart is a nice gadget piece you can move around as well.  

For what it's worth being a culture change and what not Mac needs to step up here.  He should be cutting Forte for a multitude of reasons but mainly because of his attitude  We can't have veterans complaining about play calling to the media, it sends the wrong message to this young team.  Mac needs to step in like a leader should and send a message that this will not be tolerated by releasing him.

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We traded for CB Rashard Robinson from the 49ers. Idk what we gave up but I liked him a ton coming out of LSU

Same.  He was really solid as a rookie but regressed and has been awful this year (issues with penalties).  Hoping he settles in here.  Really high upside just needs to refine his technique and get back to playing like he did as a rookie.  Hope it was a 7th only.  Not a bad buy low candidate just hope we didn't give up anything of value.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Same.  He was really solid as a rookie but regressed and has been awful this year (issues with penalties).  Hoping he settles in here.  Really high upside just needs to refine his technique and get back to playing like he did as a rookie.  Hope it was a 7th only.  Not a bad buy low candidate just hope we didn't give up anything of value.

Yeah talent is there but apparently he's been up and down this year. Hopefully we gave up like a conditional pick or something along those lines.

Archived