Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

Read that if Wilkerson suffers a serious injury this year we are on the hook for his entire salary next year and can’t dump him.

Mac should seriously consider telling Bowles to bench him. He’s been awful and Mo hasn’t exactly been “healthy” or maybe we can IR him if that works.

either way we can’t let that happen 

5 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think OL will help more than the skill positions. I see Enunwa as a #1 but I can understand the thought of needing more help. I just don't like the idea of shelling out a ton of money for a WR I think their attitudes can be toxic and hurt a team's chemistry.

I don't see Enunwa as a #1 and I see Anderson as only a deep threat than a consistent contributor. Hanson hasn't even played and we don't use Stewart. So WR is a big need imo. RB is just as bad. Powell and Firte shouldn't be brought back, leaving us with just McGuire. Who has shown flashes, but looks more like a change of pace guy rather than a starter. So a starting RB will be needed as well.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't see Enunwa as a #1 and I see Anderson as only a deep threat than a consistent contributor. Hanson hasn't even played and we don't use Stewart. So WR is a big need imo. RB is just as bad. Powell and Firte shouldn't be brought back, leaving us with just McGuire. Who has shown flashes, but looks more like a change of pace guy rather than a starter. So a starting RB will be needed as well.

Same crap as last year, Bowles no intention of playing any of his offensive draft picks. Same old BS " HE GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN" Two years with Fitz and now we will have to years with McCown.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:29 AM, Bobby816 said:

I think we need WAYYYYYYY more than what we have at WR and RB.

Have to agree with this. The Jets have a lot of ok players. What we need most (aside from a QB of the future) is an impact offensive player and impact pass rusher. My wish list for the offseason is Edge Rusher, RB, WR (FA hopefully) and QB.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 4:21 PM, Bobby816 said:

I hope this week the team sends a message to Anderson for his tirade last week by taking snaps from him and playing the rookies a little more. I mean, I could take or leave him anyways.

13 hours ago, Harris Smith said:

I hope this week the team sends a message to Anderson for his tirade last week by taking snaps from him and playing the rookies a little more. I mean, I could take or leave him anyways.

I think people are too upset over him throwing the helmet. The game was over, he did what every fan wanted to do at that point. Sit him for a quarter maybe to send a message about staying composed but it would be silly to turn it into too big of a deal IMO.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I plan to develop a mock during week 11.  I want new head coach so be kind and throw names in for me.  Thanks.

Scott Linehan

Dave Toub

Jim Bob Cooter

Jim Schwartz

Russ Grimm

Harold Goodwin

Todd Downing

Todd Hailey

Tyrel Austin

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

You guys think we do anything at the deadline?

I know we should, so that means we don’t. We should look into Cousins or Bridgewater via trade. Also at RB, WR, LT, CB and Edge. 2 biggest trades have been with teams in our division and we should’ve made both trades. But obviously Miami and NE don’t want to trade inside the division. But Garrapollo for a 2nd and Ajayi for a 4th are steals.

Archived