Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

Didn't know where to put this but Robby Anderson is one of the elite deep threats in the NFL.  I think it's pretty safe to say that he has proven he can be that guy.  He needs to be on the field at all times as the full time X WR taking keeping the safeties honest.  Having him out there as that threat is huge for the offense.  If healthy, Q is a really good Z.  His ability to move around as the Z is perfect for next season.  I like Stewart moving forward and if he can be a full time Y in the slot we may not need to go after a WR in FA.  If we want to bring him along slower then as I said before I think Landry would make a very nice slot WR in this offense.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Didn't know where to put this but Robby Anderson is one of the elite deep threats in the NFL.  I think it's pretty safe to say that he has proven he can be that guy.  He needs to be on the field at all times as the full time X WR taking keeping the safeties honest.  Having him out there as that threat is huge for the offense.  If healthy, Q is a really good Z.  His ability to move around as the Z is perfect for next season.  I like Stewart moving forward and if he can be a full time Y in the slot we may not need to go after a WR in FA.  If we want to bring him along slower then as I said before I think Landry would make a very nice slot WR in this offense.

He’s def. a vertical threat. I think he needs to add some muscle so he can win more 50/50 balls.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s def. a vertical threat. I think he needs to add some muscle so he can win more 50/50 balls.

All the credit for us getting Anderson has to go to RDELANEY89 all during the draft he was pushing for us to draft Anderson which we passes on. We pick him up off the street well after the draft he was not drafted. What we are really not talking about is the O line this season. These guys have been fantastic Beaachum, has been great and our two Junk yard dogs have really done the Job, Carpenter & Winters, they are two nasty guys on the O line. I though at the being of the season the O line would implode, sometime it is great to be wrong. I don't even know who the O line coach is, but he is sure doing a great job. With that said we still need another young O lineman in the draft.

17 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

All the credit for us getting Anderson has to go to RDELANEY89 all during the draft he was pushing for us to draft Anderson which we passes on. We pick him up off the street well after the draft he was not drafted. What we are really not talking about is the O line this season. These guys have been fantastic Beaachum, has been great and our two Junk yard dogs have really done the Job, Carpenter & Winters, they are two nasty guys on the O line. I though at the being of the season the O line would implode, sometime it is great to be wrong. I don't even know who the O line coach is, but he is sure doing a great job. With that said we still need another young O lineman in the draft.

I'd love to take full credit for Anderson but it was still Macc that made the move to bring him in haha I think that move allows me to move on from the Devin Smith pick a little easier. The biggest thing with the OL is that they are getting used to playing together. I expect us to target a center in FA or the draft to upgrade Johnson. Their pass protection has been really good, I think we'd see better run blocking with a better center. 

For me Macc needs to find a Pass Rusher and a QB this off season. I do expect us to go after a FA QB, I'm 50/50 on Cousins because I really would like to add a QB in the 1st round. I see us looking at Brees or Smith should they become available. I don't like the idea of rolling into the draft with the same QBs we have so every other team knows we are gunning for a QB early.

33 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'd love to take full credit for Anderson but it was still Macc that made the move to bring him in haha I think that move allows me to move on from the Devin Smith pick a little easier. The biggest thing with the OL is that they are getting used to playing together. I expect us to target a center in FA or the draft to upgrade Johnson. Their pass protection has been really good, I think we'd see better run blocking with a better center. 

For me Macc needs to find a Pass Rusher and a QB this off season. I do expect us to go after a FA QB, I'm 50/50 on Cousins because I really would like to add a QB in the 1st round. I see us looking at Brees or Smith should they become available. I don't like the idea of rolling into the draft with the same QBs we have so every other team knows we are gunning for a QB early.

That's a good point. I think we will move on from Petty, and if ANY team would be willing to give Macc a draft pick (in whatever round in whatever year) for Hack, I'd like to think he'd jump at it to right his wrong.

Signing a Brees or Smith would give us more draft options, and options are good.

I’d like to see Mac explore trading either ours or Seattle’s 2nd for an established good pass rusher that a team doesn’t want to pay perhaps. Ansah I believe is the only big time pass rusher set to be a FA and I don’t see Detroit letting him go. So we will have to get creative. Bc let’s say we draft a Edge guy even in Round 2, if Bowles is still here I don’t see him playing that rookie over Martin and Jenkins much. It’d have to be an established guy to just straight take Martins spot.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d like to see Mac explore trading either ours or Seattle’s 2nd for an established good pass rusher that a team doesn’t want to pay perhaps. Ansah I believe is the only big time pass rusher set to be a FA and I don’t see Detroit letting him go. So we will have to get creative. Bc let’s say we draft a Edge guy even in Round 2, if Bowles is still here I don’t see him playing that rookie over Martin and Jenkins much. It’d have to be an established guy to just straight take Martins spot.

I'd rather just spend that 2nd on a young Edge guy, use all the cap space we have on retaining the Vets we need and getting help on the OL, DL, and possibly RB

• 3 weeks later...

Mike McCoy is fired by Broncos.  It seems like he has no clue how to get offense going with inexperienced qb under center.  Cross him off for Jets.

About the ability to fire Todd Bowles.  Bowles and Maccagnan answer to only Woody so that means Chris Johnson can't fire either GM or HC. The same goes for Maccagnan on HC.  How does it work for FO with Woody being in England?  Bowles' contract is up after 2018 as if Woody continues staying in England.

I only interest in an actual answer, not Bobby style answer.  Thank you.

27 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Mike McCoy is fired by Broncos.  It seems like he has no clue how to get offense going with inexperienced qb under center.  Cross him off for Jets.

About the ability to fire Todd Bowles.  Bowles and Maccagnan answer to only Woody so that means Chris Johnson can't fire either GM or HC. The same goes for Maccagnan on HC.  How does it work for FO with Woody being in England?  Bowles' contract is up after 2018 as if Woody continues staying in England.

I think Chris actually has the power to but idk not 100%

edit: just googled it Chris is the acting owner so I would assume he has the Hire/Fire power.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I think unfortunately both their jobs are safe. There’s been good enough play from young players for Macc to keep his job. This will be a huge offseason though for him. We have a ton of money to spend and he needs to do it correctly. As far as HC goes... I’m not a Bowles fan. I actually am all for us firing him and giving Morton the HV job. But like I stated... I think his job is safe as well. I just hope we don’t lose Morton in the offseason for a HC gig.

Archived