Browns sign S Andrew Sendejo

buno67

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Feel like with all these one year deals for defensive players. There plan has to be drafting defense heavy. Seems like LT at #10 or at least hope so and defense the rest of the draft. 

Id imagine that’s part of it.

I think there’s limited money to sign longer term “cornerstone” players defensively and they’re just trying to fill some holes.

I could see a tackle at 10 and maybe a WR later.  The rest would look to be defense imo.

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Feel like with all these one year deals for defensive players. There plan has to be drafting defense heavy. Seems like LT at #10 or at least hope so and defense the rest of the draft. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see us move back 4-5 picks and pick up an extra 2nd too.

Leave us with 2,2,3,3,4 to spend on defense. Looking at Safety, Edge, DT, LB, CB

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us move back 4-5 picks and pick up an extra 2nd too.

Leave us with 2,2,3,3,4 to spend on defense. Looking at Safety, Edge, DT, LB, CB

Only trade back if Thomas and Wills are gone

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

All the one-year deals telegraph that Berry and the FO have a strategy of buying time until longer more sustainable high quality football people can be added to the roster.

I do think you're right that it makes sense to go defense heavy in the draft.

The only problem with that is that the draft is weak in impact players on the defensive side of the ball at the key positions we're looking to fill (DE, DT, FS, SS). There are really high quality players rounds 1 and 2 though and I honestly think Andrew Berry is going to shock people by targeting Derrick Brown, Jeffrey Okudah, or even Isaiah Simmons to a lesser extent over a Tackle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I do think you're right that it makes sense to go defense heavy in the draft.

The only problem with that is that the draft is weak in impact players on the defensive side of the ball at the key positions we're looking to fill (DE, DT, FS, SS). There are really high quality players rounds 1 and 2 though and I honestly think Andrew Berry is going to shock people by targeting Derrick Brown, Jeffrey Okudah, or even Isaiah Simmons to a lesser extent over a Tackle.

As much as the pundits and fans are having a conversation about "the big 4" tackles, there are likely many GM's with just one or two as elite (or, conversely, have six stuffed in a generic "tier-1").

Something tells me they have two or so tackles of the four that they love and thus, depending on the draft, would happily take any of those defenders you listed.

So far our front office has been doing things that look very smart. Targeting best player available, with the tiebreaker being tackle, makes a lot of logical sense and I could see them very realistically doing exactly that as their strategy.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 7