Packers Triplets vs. Falcons Triplets

GBPACKMAN4LIFE

Packers vs. Falcons: Whose triplets would you rather have for 2020?   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have for 2020?

• Aaron Rodgers / Aaron Jones / Davante Adams
    • Matt Ryan / Todd Gurley / Julio Jones

I would have taken the Falcons in this one but I'm very concerned if Gurley is my running back.  He was a great player, but unfortunately, it looks like health problems are going to seriously hamper his career.  For this reason, if we are only comparing these sets of three players, I've gotta go with the Pack.

Ryan is better than Rodgers at this point.
Adams vs. Julio is an interesting matchup, but I think I'd probably go with Julio by a very small margin.
As for the running backs, I have a LOT more confidence in Jones than Gurley.

QB - Slight Edge to Ryan
WR - Slight Edge to Julio
RB - BIG Edge to Aaron Jones

• Like 1

Gurley and Jones isn't as clear cut as some are making out. Jones has had one season where he's been better than Gurley, that's it. Let's see what happens next season now Jones is a marked man. I'm thinking the Falcons trio can have the edge, but it is close. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 8:08 PM, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Aaron Jones isn’t that special imo. If this is prime Gurley this is the easiest debate ever. 

I agree with this. What makes it closer/harder to choose is that this is 2020 Gurley. There's a chance he never gets close again to his OPOY form, and if that's the case, I'm taking the Packers. If Gurley can make a comeback though, there's no question, Falcons easy.

Tough to say on this one. 

Aaron Rodgers is undoubtedly better than Matt Ryan this is probably the easiest one of the 3 positions to decide.

Todd Gurley is a big question mark as nobody really knows where he is at in term health/physical ability anymore. If he reverts to form from a couple years ago, it would be an easy pick for Gurley, if not, it would be Jones. That said, I think the health concerns are pretty concerning, and until I see otherwise, I'm going with Jones at this point.

In regards to Adams vs Jones, I think this one may surprise some people, but Jones is on the wrong side of 30 at age 31, and Adams is right in the middle of his prime years. I think Jones starts to see a bit of decline in production in the coming seasons especially with Ridley on the team as he will likely see an increase in targets going forward. I'll call this one a push for 2020, and advantage Adams beyond 2020.

I suppose I'd have to go with the Packers on this one given the questions regarding Gurley.