Current salary cap remaining: ~$4M

bucsfan333

Contract restructures for Godwin and David soon come. Dont think we need to worry about our cap space. Bringing Suh back around 6-7 mil. Other then that I doubt we’re going pursuit anyone else. Dotson will probably be back as well. Dion Lewis should be a cheap addition.

32 minutes ago, indifference said:

Contract restructures for Godwin and David soon come. Dont think we need to worry about our cap space. Bringing Suh back around 6-7 mil. Other then that I doubt we’re going pursuit anyone else. Dotson will probably be back as well. Dion Lewis should be a cheap addition.

Huh? Godwin is on his rookie deal. He is going to get an extension and become a top-5 paid WR most likely. And David is a FA after this year, so defienetly wouldn't restructure. 

What’s the future contract situation like with Evans and Godwin?

Is there a general feeling in Tampa that both guys will be locked into being long term Bucs? Is there any possibility that signing Godwin could mean Evans is moved on a couple of years down the line?

I might be going after Evans in Dynasty to stack with TB12 and would appreciate some knowledge from you guys!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Huh? Godwin is on his rookie deal. He is going to get an extension and become a top-5 paid WR most likely. And David is a FA after this year, so defienetly wouldn't restructure. 

Evans got an extension last year and it helped our cap situation. Extensions when structured properly can increase cap space for this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, indifference said:

Evans got an extension last year and it helped our cap situation. Extensions when structured properly can increase cap space for this year.

True...  but Evans was already on a new massive contract not a rookie deal its not really the same.   Godwin is going to get paid and although I guess they could backload it to save cap its not a good idea and something the Bucs FO doesn't do.

17 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

What’s the future contract situation like with Evans and Godwin?

Is there a general feeling in Tampa that both guys will be locked into being long term Bucs? Is there any possibility that signing Godwin could mean Evans is moved on a couple of years down the line?

I might be going after Evans in Dynasty to stack with TB12 and would appreciate some knowledge from you guys!

Mike Evans got a nice contract and I don't know the full details but I know they back loaded it a bit last season to gain some cap space so they probably can't cut him anytime soon  and he is under contract until 2024.

As for Godwin there has been rumblings that he is due and getting a contract extension soon as well.   Nothing has really been talked about as for how long these guys will be here but I could definitely see like 2-3 years down the road them letting Evans go.    All signs are pointing to no as far as right now though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Brate has a 4 million guarantee due I believe on Sunday.  A major decision is near.

I honestly feel as though Hudson could out play Brate if given the chance 

But that might just be my Hudson crush from last preseason

4m is a lot for brate... but Brady is going to fall IN LOVE with one of the 2 between OJ and Brate so it might be worth it. Brady was at his best when he had those 2 TE beasts in NE.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Brate has a 4 million guarantee due I believe on Sunday.  A major decision is near.

The best argument to keeping Brate around before was his chemistry with Jameis. Now he can go. Take someone's seventh. Auclair and Hudson are under contract. We don't need Brate at that pricetag.

9 hours ago, indifference said:

Yea, except you're not going to save any money extending someone already on a rookie deal, thats as cheap as your ever going to get them Evans was already signed to a massive contract and extended to help us. Godwin will get paid his huge contract next year. 

• Like 1