Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Current salary cap remaining: ~$4M

Recommended Posts

Sounds like we probably have 1 more mid level FA signing in the budget then. Like in the 4-6 million AAV range...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now that we have agreed with Suh for 8 million.  Where does that leave us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thejedi41 said:

So now that we have agreed with Suh for 8 million.  Where does that leave us?

Somewhere around $14.5M. Gotta factor in $6.75M in incentives. And about the rest for the draft.

I'd imagine we're done with free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cap space should help quell the AB rumors and speculation. Thankfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who were all these free agents contacting the Bucs to sign there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

So who were all these free agents contacting the Bucs to sign there? 

They may have outpriced themselves. BA wanted JPP, Barrett, and Suh back. And he wanted Brady. That was ~$71M. Didn't leave us with much else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

They may have outpriced themselves. BA wanted JPP, Barrett, and Suh back. And he wanted Brady. That was ~$71M. Didn't leave us with much else.

And I think we should all be good with this. We checked every box they set heading into FA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

And I think we should all be good with this. We checked every box they set heading into FA...

Yep , this^^^

Probably the best offseason We've ever had lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yep , this^^^

Probably the best offseason We've ever had lol

Absolutely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've gotta save about $9M for incentives. 😬

I'd expect Lavonte's extension to be announced soon. Maybe Jensen too.

Cutting Stewart would leave more dead money than cap savings. I'd expect him to stick around for another year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Gholston could be a surprise cut if we draft Brown or Kinlaw.

Would suck because he just had his best season in years and he's in his prime. But his $4.75M could all be off the books with zero penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think Gholston could be a surprise cut if we draft Brown or Kinlaw.

Would suck because he just had his best season in years and he's in his prime. But his $4.75M could all be off the books with zero penalty.

Thinking about it more, he'd HAVE to be cut. Suh is making $8M-$10M this year. Vea is making a little over $4M. Brown/Kinlaw would make about what Vea's making. Can't really spend ~$20M on four positions when only three will get significant playing time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×