Saints re-sign G Andrus Peat (5 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'll be honest, I didn't see that one coming.

I figured it... Payton values Peats versatility to play guard and left tackle and the team felt the injuries is what caused Peats decline. Still upside with him, he’s young. Lotta chicken tho...

8 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Woah, didn't expect that one. Easton will likely be on his way out now right? 33 million guaranteed is a lot...

Don’t be shocked if Warford is out... 12 mil cap hit with 750,000 roster bonus due tomorrow I think. Rumor is that Saints weren’t happy with his play this season. Opted to invest in Peats versatility and upside.

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Don’t be shocked if Warford is out... 12 mil cap hit with 750,000 roster bonus due tomorrow I think. Rumor is that Saints weren’t happy with his play this season. Opted to invest in Peats versatility and upside.

Warford played better than Peat....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Warford played better than Peat....

Grading offensive lineman is tricky... Peat missed 6 games with injury and played in the final few games when he likely shouldn’t have. Easy to hate on Peat and I get it, he’s been inconsistent but there have been games where Peat was excellent yet those games go unnoticed. Not to the team obviously. Peat s a few things you must consider when looking at this deal...

1. The guard market is what it is... it’s expensive.

2. He was the best option in the eyes of the Saints.

3. Payton values Peats versatility... especially with Armstead injury history.

4. It maintains continuity along the offensive line.

5. Peat is still only 26 years old... he was 20 when drafted, their is still upside in Peat.

I clearly get the fan reaction here but I still believe that Peat will continue to develop and improve. Versatile young athletic offensive lineman are hard to find, Peat was gonna get a big deal. Let’s just hope we get the best of him over the next 5 years.