Broncos looking sneaky good for 2020?

notthatbluestuff

It's all about lock.

Gordon doesn't move the needle for me, and bouye is at best a  lateral move from Chris Harris. Casey is a really nice move, but this team is moving on from Wolfe and Harris it looks like. So are these moves legit needle moving improvements? What's the actual net gain from the moves you just mentioned. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's all about lock.

Gordon doesn't move the needle for me, and bouye is at best a  lateral move from Chris Harris. Casey is a really nice move, but this team is moving on from Wolfe and Harris it looks like. So are these moves legit needle moving improvements? What's the actual net gain from the moves you just mentioned. 

Seems like a net loss.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's all about lock.

I think Gordon's an upgrade on Freeman for sure and Casey is a step up for them too, even knowing they're gonna lose guys. Can't forget they're going to get a healthy Chubb back as well. I like how this team is coming together a lot, building off of a strong finish to last year. Definitely still comes down to Lock but assuming he doesn't crater, I can easily see them in the wild card mix especially with the added playoff spot in play now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I think Gordon's an upgrade on Freeman for sure and Casey is a step up for them too, even knowing they're gonna lose guys. Can't forget they're going to get a healthy Chubb back as well. I like how this team is coming together a lot, building off of a strong finish to last year. Definitely still comes down to Lock but assuming he doesn't crater, I can easily see them in the wild card mix especially with the added playoff spot in play now. 

Healthy Chubb is the most beneficial thing out of all of those in my opinion, and that wasn't a move that they made. The moves are a modest gain at this point (although I feel like I'm forgetting one)

Here's the thing...that team finished 7 - 9 last year. They got hosed in the Chicago game (so likely should have been 8-8), they lost to Jax by 2 on a last second field goal, lost by 2 to the colts on a 50+ yard GW Vinatiari field goal that the guy likelyl misses 8 out of 10 times last year he was so bad. I don't think that the team was as bad people believe. If their losses go in a different order (IE, not starting 0-4), they are probably on the periphery of the WC hunt for most of the season, and the team easy could have finished 9-7 as opposed to 7-9, and at the very least probably should have been 8-8 after getting hosed against Chicago. So saying they are fringe WC really isn't even an improvement in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Melvin Gordon is 26. He didn’t just all of a sudden forget how play.

I think the issue is that a lot of people don't believe that he was ever all that good to begin with outside of one year. Not so much that he suddenly forgot how to play 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the issue is that a lot of people don't believe that he was ever all that good to begin with outside of one year. Not so much that he suddenly forgot how to play 

On top of that, he's a high risk for injury - I think he's played one season injury free? That's not a good thing for a RB.