Broncos sign Melvin Gordon

jsthomp2007

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

No he isn’t 

though one of my favourite backs I just don't get this.  We have Lindsay (a rock star) and Freeman is not bad.  It's too much money too.  I would have preferred just drafting a back.  I think this means Freeman will be moved.  Puzzling but at least we have a crazy dual threat.  Also after seeing that idiot Harris' comments about letting the Chargers in on all our defensive secrets it makes me wonder if this isn't a little *** for tat as we will now know all about their offence though Rivers is gone.   Ps for some reason it didn't quote what I was replying too which was Counselors post.  

Edited by anewdawn
additional comment
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, champ11 said:

idk about that. i think he's the 6th highest paid RB in the league. which is wild lol 

Yeah, but RB contracts are weird.  It’s like the top 3 guys and then everyone else.  I was fully expecting him to go for $10M+ though, so maybe that’s why I don’t mind the deal.  

• Like 1

I honestly don’t mind it.  I think that’s a solid deal.  I don’t see it as an overpayment.  He’s an excellent receiver out of the backfield as well as an excellent goal line back.  You can’t draft that and in most cases it takes 2 players to fill those roles.  I guess the bigger question is why doesn’t he have elite overall production in any scenario?  I don’t have an answer for that one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I honestly don’t mind it.  I think that’s a solid deal.  I don’t see it as an overpayment.  He’s an excellent receiver out of the backfield as well as an excellent goal line back.  You can’t draft that and in most cases it takes 2 players to fill those roles.  I guess the bigger question is why doesn’t he have elite overall production in any scenario?  I don’t have an answer for that one.

I think he's a top 15 rb in the NFL he's still young and what kinda production did people expect after holding out for so long.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think he's a top 15 rb in the NFL he's still young and what kinda production did people expect after holding out for so long.

Yeah.  He’s a good player.  I read something from Klis about how Denver wants to run the ball and that’s why they added Gordon/Glasgow.  Interestingly I’m pretty sure Gordon/Glasgow both do their best work in the passing game and Shurmur (not that he can’t field a terrific running game) is about spreading teams out and throwing the ball.  Denver tried getting a receiving back last year with Riddick, this year they went out and added Gordon who isn’t only a receiving back and offers a broader skill set.