Ravens trade DE Wormley to Steelers

SteelKing728

Yeah very odd lol.

DL room was already stuffed with Campbell/Williams/Brockers/Justin Ellis/Daylon Mack and occasionally Jihad Ward kicking inside, and the Ravens almost always draft a DL in the draft/sign a priority UDFA or 2. 

Also frees up 2.1 mil in cap space for a guy who wasn’t in line for a lot of time next year.

So i guess it makes a little sense but still...seeing a Ravens Steelers trade...odd lol.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

When's the last time a team traded a player (rather than a draft pick) to a team in their same division?  Intradivisional trades on draft day aren't that uncommon, when you're just trading picks for other picks, but I can't recall a team trading a player to their rival.

McNabb was the weirdest trade I remember

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

When's the last time a team traded a player (rather than a draft pick) to a team in their same division?  Intradivisional trades on draft day aren't that uncommon, when you're just trading picks for other picks, but I can't recall a team trading a player to their rival.

Literally this past year. Patriots traded DeMaryius Thomas to the Jets.

But Wormley is just another guy filling a roster spot. This really shouldn't even be news other than we somehow got a 5th round pick for him lol

The amount of turnover on the Ravens front-7 is astounding. Brandon Williams is still on the the D-line, Tyus Bowser is still a backup OLB, and Judon MAY return to a starting OLB spot. Everyone else is gone from a year ago.

Edited by wackywabbit