Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

On 10/13/2020 at 8:50 PM, Xenos said:

Part of it is the immunity concerns. How long does it actually lasts.

I know that and as someone who had it in August I have a strong interest in knowing the answer to that question myself.

My point was that 5 cases out of millions doesn't exactly provide much of a baseline to go off. If anything I'd say the fact that there are only 5 confirmed reinfections so far almost a year into the outbreak bodes well for immunity being decently long lasting.

• Like 3

People are starting to take this lightly again, at least in New Jersey. We just hit 1000 new cases in a single day again for the first time since June. With the cold months coming, it is going to get worse.

EDIT: 1000 new cases, not 1000 deaths.

Edited by minutemancl

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

People are starting to take this lightly again, at least in New Jersey. We just hit 1000 deaths in a single day again for the first time since June. With the cold months coming, it is going to get worse.

Yep. Second wave is here for sure, and it'll be bad. I've definitely noticed less people wearing masks in my area. Especially in the grocery stores, Wal-Mart etc. I think a big factor too is people are sick of arguing with people who won't wear masks. We've had sports for a month and a half and my AD is already saying she doesn't know how much longer she can argue with obnoxious parents about it.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yep. Second wave is here for sure, and it'll be bad. I've definitely noticed less people wearing masks in my area. Especially in the grocery stores, Wal-Mart etc. I think a big factor too is people are sick of arguing with people who won't wear masks. We've had sports for a month and a half and my AD is already saying she doesn't know how much longer she can argue with obnoxious parents about it.

You can't have a second wave when the first wave never truly ended tbh, lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Well I got a covid test.  I don't know how people do that every day

My wife still is getting tested 3x per week, basically been a constant state of irritated / headaches for her which has not bode well for me.  I myself have not had the pleasure of poking my brain yet. 

19 hours ago, minutemancl said:

People are starting to take this lightly again, at least in New Jersey. We just hit 1000 new cases in a single day again for the first time since June. With the cold months coming, it is going to get worse.

EDIT: 1000 new cases, not 1000 deaths.

Be careful with the NJ numbers, they got a lot of funky math going on. Deaths are bottoming out (obviously lagging so we will see what happens by EOM), same with hospitalizations. What I will say on the hospitalizations that is concerning, I think 30%+ are under 49 years old, however not all of them (from what I am told) are there for COVID as reason #1 (not that it should fully matter but I still believe in full transparency).  In terms of the daily new cases, a lot of the "new positives" are 7-100 days old.  Why there is such a lag in their reporting I have no idea. I believe NJ will actually be loosening indoor rules shortly so what gets reported vs their actions are not lining up at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Be careful with the NJ numbers, they got a lot of funky math going on. Deaths are bottoming out (obviously lagging so we will see what happens by EOM), same with hospitalizations. What I will say on the hospitalizations that is concerning, I think 30%+ are under 49 years old, however not all of them (from what I am told) are there for COVID as reason #1 (not that it should fully matter but I still believe in full transparency).  In terms of the daily new cases, a lot of the "new positives" are 7-100 days old.  Why there is such a lag in their reporting I have no idea. I believe NJ will actually be loosening indoor rules shortly so what gets reported vs their actions are not lining up at the moment. 

Its going to be similar to what we saw in south and west earlier this year.  Cases will start to go up, hospitalizations and deaths will lag.  We are clearly seeing a second wave in northeast and other places.  How bad, who knows.

• Like 1