Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

10 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Masks...I hate them, but once work is back in an office setting and I need to be in NYC again, I 100% will be wearing a masks on any public transportation I need to use.

I dont think masks will completely go away even when covid is under control in the US

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think masks will completely go away even when covid is under control in the US

I think that largely depends where you live.  I would imagine I won't see many people at the beach with masks on anymore, but then again, never thought I would see that to begin with so I guess you never know. 

I imagine any locations that deal with travel will still see high mask usage and same with cities.  I also imagine you would start to see more private business keep mask requirements to the extent owner/employees have conditions. 

3 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I think that largely depends where you live.  I would imagine I won't see many people at the beach with masks on anymore, but then again, never thought I would see that to begin with so I guess you never know. 

I imagine any locations that deal with travel will still see high mask usage and same with cities.  I also imagine you would start to see more private business keep mask requirements to the extent owner/employees have conditions. 

gas station attendants, grocery store clerks, etc. I wouldnt be surprised to see people still grocery shop with masks for quite some time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Serious question for people moving forward, once we are through this, what habits will you have changed for good after dealing with COVID? 

Personally I will be: 

- More conscious of washing/sanitizing my hands before I eat if I am out.  Something I probably never thought of when going out to get food pre-COVID.  Obviously post bathroom wash my hands, but just walking into a restaurant, touching car door handles, door knobs, glasses, menus, etc. and then eating...going to be more cognizant of that. 

- Shopping local, always been a big Costco/Amazon person, moving forward I am going to do what I can to support more smaller local businesses where my dollar matters a lot more. 

- Masks...I hate them, but once work is back in an office setting and I need to be in NYC again, I 100% will be wearing a masks on any public transportation I need to use.

Staying away from people

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

didnt the who come out fairly recently and say lockdowns werent meant to be long term. what are you saying, the op certainly wasnt clear but i want to get your opinion clear before we move forward.

lol

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

didnt the who come out fairly recently and say lockdowns werent meant to be long term. what are you saying, the op certainly wasnt clear but i want to get your opinion clear before we move forward.

I literally don't even know what you are asking me here, or how it's relevant.

46 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I literally don't even know what you are asking me here, or how it's relevant.

i thought it was pretty clear, and do you really not see how its relevant?

granted it was the most cohesive thought, but you gave him crap for implying lockdowns for such extended period of time arent the best. so, im asking you if you think its smart to continue for such a long period of time. make sense now or should i find a different way to ask?

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i thought it was pretty clear, and do you really not see how its relevant?

granted it was the most cohesive thought, but you gave him crap for implying lockdowns for such extended period of time arent the best. so, im asking you if you think its smart to continue for such a long period of time. make sense now or should i find a different way to ask?

I didn't do anything of the sort. If you have a question, please ask it directly.

4 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Should add in obesity rates too, but for some reason that is taboo to speak on in this country. 

The fat acceptance movement is crazy in this country.......and I'm saying that as a guy who seven months ago weighed almost 400, and now coming in under 280.  I just don't understand.  Some people had issues that got them to that point like me, but other people don't.  I just don't understand.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I didn't do anything of the sort. If you have a question, please ask it directly.

bruh... did you read my post, how much more direct could this be?

. so, im asking you if you think its smart to continue for such a long period of time

• Like 1

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

bruh... did you read my post, how much more direct could this be?

. so, im asking you if you think its smart to continue for such a long period of time

What is "such a long period of time"? 

You are just introducing an argument that literally wasn't made. I'm entertaining the question, but I need to understand what you are actually asking and why.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The fat acceptance movement is crazy in this country.......and I'm saying that as a guy who seven months ago weighed almost 400, and now coming in under 280.  I just don't understand.  Some people had issues that got them to that point like me, but other people don't.  I just don't understand.  

congrats man, thats awesome!

i have no clue what the actual answer to why that is. I suspect a part of the reason is that its hard to lose weight and it can be even harder to eat healthy(ish)? who doesnt love delicious pizza, pasta, burgers etc, etc etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

What is "such a long period of time"? 

You are just introducing an argument that literally wasn't made. I'm entertaining the question, but I need to understand what you are actually asking and why.

a prolonged period, call it over 6 months or over 4. it doesnt really matter.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

a prolonged period, call it over 6 months or over 4. it doesnt really matter.

If the positivity/transmission rate is high enough to warrant it, then yes. 

You are simplifying an incredibly complex and nuanced question. 

If the science dictates that a mitigation or prevention measure is warranted, then I support it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

congrats man, thats awesome!

i have no clue what the actual answer to why that is. I suspect a part of the reason is that its hard to lose weight and it can be even harder to eat healthy(ish)? who doesnt love delicious pizza, pasta, burgers etc, etc etc. 

I get some of that.  I still have cheat days with what I am doing.  I have absolutely sacrificed at lunch, but I still make the same dinners for myself (and sometimes have dessert) instead of going out as much.  I have the same breakfast, but just substituted turkey sausage and added oatmeal instead of cereal.  I also try to watch carbs as far as bread goes, as well as drastically cutting down my fast food intake and cutting sodas and other liquid calories almost completely.  

I understand people want to be happy in their skin, and if they are happy being somewhat overweight, that's fine with me.  But when you get to the point of morbidly obese like I was, something has to change.  You can't just keep your head in the sand anymore.  

• Like 1