Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I have the Jameson Caskmate IPA one that I still haven't opened.  Are they any good?

I've heard that one is "strange" from the one person I know who has tried it lol. The Stout though, it's my favorite thing right now that is reasonably priced. I have 3 bottles of it right now. Why? Not sure. I don't drink much but they're just hanging out

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I actually go for the rum. This isn't a peer reviewed study but there is positive results

Yeah I try to stick to things that don't need mixers and I like the taste of whisky and bourbons. I used to do rum though and enjoy it as long as it's not stuff like Kraken. Not a fan of that stuff. 

Community and Close Contact Exposures Associated with COVID-19 Among Symptomatic Adults ≥18 Years in 11 Outpatient Health Care Facilities — United States, July 2020

Findings from a case-control investigation of symptomatic outpatients from 11 U.S. health care facilities found that close contact with persons with known COVID-19 or going to locations that offer on-site eating and drinking options were associated with COVID-19 positivity. Adults with positive SARS-CoV-2 test results were approximately twice as likely to have reported dining at a restaurant than were those with negative SARS-CoV-2 test results.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm?s_cid=mm6936a5_x

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-propose-expansion-pivotal-covid-19

Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (NASDAQ: BNTX) announced today that they have submitted an amended protocol to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to expand the enrollment of their Phase 3 pivotal COVID-19 vaccine trial to up to approximately 44,000 participants which also allows for the enrollment of new populations.

Enrollment in the trial has been proceeding as planned and the company expects to reach its initial target of up to 30,000 participants next week. The proposed expansion would allow the companies to further increase trial population diversity, and include adolescents as young as 16 years of age and people with chronic, stable HIV (human immunodeficiency viruses), Hepatitis C, or Hepatitis B infection, as well as provide additional safety and efficacy data.

Reportedly, Pfizer has already given 25,000 doses. The fact that they are expanding, and particularly, to children and immunodeficient patients makes me very confident that this works for healthy adults. Then their CEO came out and did interviews saying he thinks this could be distributed to the US by the end of the year.

Amazing news.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It was great until 4.5 hours into it. Then the ER visit was embarrassing, even with the hat on my lap...

You think that’s embarrassing?  Try covering it with a Browns hat.  

Only reason to cover it up is if you are lacking in some capacity..............

I guess we know where these 2 fall on that spectrum

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It was great until 4.5 hours into it. Then the ER visit was embarrassing, even with the hat on my lap...

You think that’s embarrassing?  Try covering it with a Browns hat.  

Putting a Browns hat down didn't immediately solve the issue on its own? That can't be right...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
53 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Only reason to cover it up is if you are lacking in some capacity..............

I guess we know where these 2 fall on that spectrum

I mean, duh.

Something like that, yup.