Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

13 hours ago, SwAg said:

Just had my first interaction with an unhinged anti-masker, also a complete stranger, where I am the object of their outrage.

My attempts at de-escalating predictably failed as I raised my hands and said, “comrade, comrade, please!”

I got 20% off my shopping cart.  He got thrown out.

I feel like de-escalation is kind of a myth in our current environment, people are unhinged and there is no reason. Unrelated to COVID I have a neighbor who screams at my dog for barking while she walks her dog on my lawn, people are just wild man. Does look like you won the day however so that's dope. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Why are people in Florida like this? 

Some of the people there are stupid but you can say that about anywhere in the US. The state and local government messing with Covid data is the real red flag.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Without going into a political rant, we have the right to protest and assemble, regardless what the topic is.

you don’t have the right to protest on private property, which is what a Target is, without their permission.

I’m assuming a mask policy would not be permission to protest there....

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

you don’t have the right to protest on private property, which is what a Target is, without their permission.

Absolutely, and its the companies right to kick people out for not abiding to their rules.

My post was more generalized though, not relating directly to this incident.

• Like 1

Bill Gates interview via Stat and the esteemed Helen Branswell

For those of you unaware, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are heavily involved in global health and have brought immense funding and recognition to defeat some of the greatest scourges facing mankind.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/14/bill-gates-slams-mismanaged-u-s-response-to-covid-19-pandemic/

“You know, this has been a mismanaged situation every step of the way,” Gates said in the wide-ranging interview.
“It’s shocking. It’s unbelievable — the fact that we would be among the worst in the world.”

The CDC’s early missteps on testing — “they created this overly complicated test,” Gates said — was followed by a slow rollout of commercial tests. The commercial tests use polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, to look for small fragments of the genetic material of the virus in mucus swabbed out of the nasal passages of people who are tested.

“We have way more PCR machines than any country in the world. I mean, we are PCR central,” he said with emphasis. “So, the idea that we actually made it harder to get PCR tests approved by the commercial sector, it’s mind-blowing.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

I feel like de-escalation is kind of a myth in our current environment, people are unhinged and there is no reason. Unrelated to COVID I have a neighbor who screams at my dog for barking while she walks her dog on my lawn, people are just wild man. Does look like you won the day however so that's dope. 

Frankly, it was bizarre.  This man was like 5’0 and squaring up with me over me wearing a mask and walking significantly around him (6-8 feet away).

My “de-escalation” was akin to telling him to calm down, which always makes it worse, because “comrade” is a trigger word for anti-maskers around here because they associate it with... well everything they dislike, which is all Marxism according to them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why is the bolded such a hard thing to grasp for many?  

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Frankly, it was bizarre.  This man was like 5’0 and squaring up with me over me wearing a mask and walking significantly around him (6-8 feet away).

My “de-escalation” was akin to telling him to calm down, which always makes it worse, because “comrade” is a trigger word for anti-maskers around here because they associate it with... well everything they dislike, which is all Marxism according to them.

That is when you got to go with the *pat on the head* and "now now little fella".  Probably would have been an Intagram star with that move. 

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

Why is the bolded such a hard thing to grasp for many?  

I know plenty who think looting on said grounds is ok though. Everything is ok if it fits your agenda and if it's not, you're damn sure you'll find a way to justify it........ That's as far as we'll go with that discussion though. 

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I know plenty who think looting on said grounds is ok though. Everything is ok if it fits your agenda and if it's not, you're damn sure you'll find a way to justify it........ That's as far as we'll go with that discussion though. 

I feel like we should continue with this