Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you think if we started writing this down we could get these people to think it's actually Mexico behind it all, and masquerades is actually the Spanish name for the secret mission?

Cobble together a 4th grade level YouTube video and give yourself a clever pseudonym, say.... “Que” and you could convince some folks of almost anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

***WARNING*** Tongue and cheek comment to follow. 

...90% of COVID cases were non-issues...

Yes, the majority of the protests were peaceful, respectful and well though out.  I had one across the street from me at the local schools sports fields, I did not participate personally but I dropped some cold water off cause it was hot as dog balls that day.  Not hard at all for normal people to see most of these protests have been good.  It is a shame that the majority of the good has a mark on it because of the minimal bad.  Hell one of the arguments pro police people us is "not all cops are bad", isn't that the same damn concept as "not all protests turn to riots".  Crazy what people will say vs not believe.  Now, had said protests in my area turned south, I may be sitting here today with a completely different attitude, so I can understand if someone actually went through a riot they may be looking at this with shaded glasses, but that is very unlikely any of us here and a very very very very small % of people who have been in/around this entire situation. 

I don't say 93% of protests were violent to minimize the other 7%. I agree that the 7% of protests that were violent should get more coverage per capita than the other 93%, and I agree that 7% is far too high.

But I was responding to someone that was saying "what did you think about the riots/protests overall". And the facts are that the majority of them are peaceful. Neutral coverage of the protests should acknowledge that fact, just like any public policy discussion on COVID should discuss that 99.X% of people will recover.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

It is a shame that the majority of the good has a mark on it because of the minimal bad. 

Unfortunately, there are extremists on both sides of anything political that do this to anything that is up for debate. The ones that are logical and capable of compromise get overshadowed by the loudest person in the room. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

***WARNING*** Tongue and cheek comment to follow. 

...90% of COVID cases were non-issues...

Yes, the majority of the protests were peaceful, respectful and well though out.  I had one across the street from me at the local schools sports fields, I did not participate personally but I dropped some cold water off cause it was hot as dog balls that day.  Not hard at all for normal people to see most of these protests have been good.  It is a shame that the majority of the good has a mark on it because of the minimal bad.  Hell one of the arguments pro police people us is "not all cops are bad", isn't that the same damn concept as "not all protests turn to riots".  Crazy what people will say vs not believe.  Now, had said protests in my area turned south, I may be sitting here today with a completely different attitude, so I can understand if someone actually went through a riot they may be looking at this with shaded glasses, but that is very unlikely any of us here and a very very very very small % of people who have been in/around this entire situation. 

Much to the same point, of you’ve actually experienced racism...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you think if we started writing this down we could get these people to think it's actually Mexico behind it all, and masquerades is actually the Spanish name for the secret mission?

What do you mean "get people to think it's actually Mexico"?

Also, let's deny the colonization and subsequent impact of Spanish imperialism altogether.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

They tell us a lot that cigarettes kill, people still smoke.  I set the bar super low when it comes to a humans ability to look out for one self and the others around them/indirectly impacted. Masks, psh! Give me all the formaldehyde and acetone. 

“Your right to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose.”

People can smoke all they want, just not in public buildings, with kids in the car (in sensible states), etc.

Masks are essentially the same thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Much to the same point, of you’ve actually experienced racism...

Very true. Same logic applies, just because one person is racist does not make an entire group racist. While I have never experienced racism (white male) I have been robbed at gun point on 2 separate occasions while in college.  I do not buy the "it was their circumstances" that led to that but I also don't look down upon/blame/judge anyone else because of the actions of an individual or two acting on their own free will. I don't care if the people were neon green, idiots/a holes/bad people come in all shapes, colors and sizes.  Remove that outer layer we are all just bags of blood and bones.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“Your right to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose.”

People can smoke all they want, just not in public buildings, with kids in the car (in sensible states), etc.

Masks are essentially the same thing.

I actually have never paid attention to smoking laws outside of when NJ/NY setup rules about how far from a building entrance someone had to be (which was a great change) but not smoking with a kid in the car should be in every state, hands down.