Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 hours ago, MrDrew said:
6 hours ago, ET80 said:

(Not ALL of you. Some of you).

Speak for yourself

In Drewby's case, he hates everyone - Mods included. Especially me. But especially @Forge, @Jakuvious, @Deadpulse, @naptownskinsfan, @theJ, @The LBC, @TheKillerNacho, @bucsfan333, that New Philly mod that I can't remember right now, that other Philly mod who runs FFMD that I can't remember right now, @MrDrew...

He likes @fretgod99, though. 

Basically, he's Futureama's Santa Claus.

tenor.gif?itemid=10503158

We're all on his naughty list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

In Drewby's case, he hates everyone - Mods included. Especially me. But especially @Forge, @Jakuvious, @Deadpulse, @naptownskinsfan, @theJ, @The LBC, @TheKillerNacho, @bucsfan333, that New Philly mod that I can't remember right now, that other Philly mod who runs FFMD that I can't remember right now, @MrDrew...

oh whoa hey.

What's going on in here?

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are many schools having outbreaks or problems with a bunch of people having to quarantine yet? I know the school here had a positive on one of the first days but doesn't appear to have spread it to anyone

My wife's school has been back for 6 weeks, and not one single case.

The testing criteria are also weird, so i'm not sure they'll ever get one even if they have 100 people with it.  But still, so far so good.

Just now, theJ said:

The testing criteria are also weird, so i'm not sure they'll ever get one even if they have 100 people with it.  But still, so far so good.

My sister teaches at a semi private high school of 4000 kids. They get emails of "excused absences" for "at least 10 days" and teachers are told to only expect them to remote in to class. Sooooo they are hiding positive cases. Fun. 

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

Really? It sounds like the schools around here want them tested for any symptoms and they can't come back until they get a negative

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

My sister teaches at a semi private high school of 4000 kids. They get emails of "excused absences" for "at least 10 days" and teachers are told to only expect them to remote in to class. Sooooo they are hiding positive cases. Fun. 

the emails are from the parents?

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Unfortunately it’s a HIPPA issue. They’re doing the same thing here in Ohio.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theJ said:
2 hours ago, ET80 said:

oh whoa hey.

What's going on in here?

Yeah, what am I being roped into here?

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Unfortunately it’s a HIPPA issue. They’re doing the same thing here in Ohio.

Im familiar with HIPAA, I work within the industry. School are not a protected entity, so technically they have no right the information. However, they are required to report any known cases. This type of wording suggests they are purposely casting a blind eye and have a dont ask policy. They can't require parents give PHI, but they can ask. It's happened since the educational institution was established for things like the flu and mono. 

Personally, I'd like school to start testing students periodically. That would mean the school WOULD be a protected entity for that PHI and it would go a LONG way in keeping the faculty and student body safe. Otherwise, it is up to the parents to say whether or not their child had/has COVID-19. Like it or not, we can't trust that all parents, especially in a school as large as the one in question, are well informed enough to make that call.