Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

If nothing else, a vaccine and antibody / t-cell response associated with it should decrease the amount of time someone can carry the virus, so spread would be reduced and severity for those who have the vaccine will be greatly reduced.

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Looks like the Supreme Court wants the CA restrictions on indoor worship lifted also. This will end well 😔

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1334524479834353671?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Having different standards for business as opposed to religious institutions was a foregone conclusion that the Supreme Court would rule in this regard, not to mention the whole 1st Amendment thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Having different standards for business as opposed to religious institutions was a foregone conclusion that the Supreme Court would rule in this regard, not to mention the whole 1st Amendment thing.

Not really though. And that’s my problem with their decision. How long do you spend inside a bike or liquor store vs inside a church? The comparable businesses like restaurants and movie theaters have closed. Likewise, while it is hard, CA weather at least allows you to have outdoor congregations. The first amendment also does not protect you from harming others. For example, this just happened in SD. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/health/story/2020-11-28/county-announces-covid-19-outbreak-at-awaken-church-asks-people-to-quarantine-if-exposed%3f_amp=true

Edit: my frustration and anger is also aimed at the people who supposedly have the same faith as me, but instead are doing what the Pharisees would do.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Didn't California recently open up strip clubs?

No. That’s a local issue that is tied to a judge’s decision to keep it open inside during the most recent restrictions.

Edited by Xenos

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Edit: my frustration and anger is also aimed at the people who supposedly have the same faith as me, but instead are doing what the Pharisees would do.

I get that brother :)

I am speaking strictly from a legal/historical precedent standpoint here. IMO this was a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I get that brother :)

I am speaking strictly from a legal/historical precedent standpoint here. IMO this was a foregone conclusion.

Thanks man 😊

If our state hospitalization numbers weren’t getting so bad, and the data had shown that churches are not potential super spreader, I wouldn’t be as worried as I am now.

Edited by Xenos

54 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Thanks man 😊

If our state hospitalization numbers weren’t getting so bad, and the data had shown that churches are not potential super spreader, I wouldn’t be as worried as I am now.

Our church held services outdoors all summer until Nov 8th (it was COOOLD lol).  They went indoors for one service, then called it off as the case numbers spiked again.  We're back to online.  I would hope that most churches do the same out of consideration for their members safety, but i know it won't be the case.  There are, unfortunately, still people that think the coronavirus is overstated.