Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

its just because everyone knows Fords are better than Chevys

I watched a dude in a Chevy diesel pull up to the gas pumps and throw in a good 10 bucks worth before realizing.

So its not everyone. Morons seem to love Chevys.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

very noticeable! however, you have a lot of past behavior to make up for, lol.

Why you gotta put me down?

Hurting my feelings in this trying time.

Edited by Outpost31

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

im on week 3

I think you're the exception.  The timeline in my workplace (which coincides with the suggestions from Gov Dewine in Ohio - who was ahead of most states) went like this:

March 2: recognized the threat of the virus for the first time, and sent a memo to management

March 10: sent a memo to the whole company recognizing the threat, and suggested ways to avoid getting it (hygiene type items)

March 11: sent a memo to management advising that employees could work from home, if they ask

March 13: sent a memo to the whole company saying that people could work from home, if they wanted, but the office wasn't closing

March 15 (Sun): recommended that everyone should work from home, essential personnel in the building only

So for us, it's been 9-11 days of working from home.  And i think that's fairly typical based on the numerous emails i've received my clients as well as vendors.  

That being said, i do recognize that the mean incubation time is around 5 days.  From that respect, it's troubling that we're still accelerating.  But i'm not ready to throw in the towel quite yet on these restrictions working.  There are all sorts of examples out there of people ignoring them.  At some point we'll hit that inflection point.   

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think you're the exception.  The timeline in my workplace (which coincides with the suggestions from Gov Dewine in Ohio - who was ahead of most states) went like this:

March 2: recognized the threat of the virus for the first time, and sent a memo to management

March 10: sent a memo to the whole company recognizing the threat, and suggested ways to avoid getting it (hygiene type items)

March 11: sent a memo to management advising that employees could work from home, if they ask

March 13: sent a memo to the whole company saying that people could work from home, if they wanted, but the office wasn't closing

March 15 (Sun): recommended that everyone should work from home, essential personnel in the building only

So for us, it's been 9-11 days of working from home.  And i think that's fairly typical based on the numerous emails i've received my clients as well as vendors.  

That being said, i do recognize that the mean incubation time is around 5 days.  From that respect, it's troubling that we're still accelerating.  But i'm not ready to throw in the towel quite yet on these restrictions working.  There are all sorts of examples out there of people ignoring them.  At some point we'll hit that inflection point.   

i definitely think that the restrictions are helping the spread of the virus, not hurting it.
nys apex is coming in 2 weeks or so, so thats our inflection point

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Keep in mind that so far, there has been a lag between onset of symptoms and diagnosis, so the lag on case data may be more in the 7-9 day range.   Need for ICU care appears to be about 11 days after onset of symptoms - over two weeks after transmission - so there will continue to be bad news for a while even if the interventions are working like we think they do.

The hard part is to keep the faith while we work through the time lag.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

45 minutes and not a single joke about fords huh?

Apr 10, 2019
Ford is recalling 327,000 F-Series pickup trucks in North America for a second time to fix problems with engine block heater cables ...
that can cause  electrical shorts and fires.
About 327,000 owners took trucks to dealers for the fix, but the inspection may have inadvertently damaged the cables.

2 whiffs for one electrical problem, they seem well-suited for this rush job building life-saving medical devices.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hard to prove since nobody buys them.

They’ve overtaken Chevy 🤷‍♂️ 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30390240/ram-1500-vs-chevy-silverado-truck-sales/

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

While there are enough Ford Trucks currently licensed to park side by side and circle the globe twice.

If popularity was an indication of quality, McDonalds would be serving the world’s best burger.

• Like 1