Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’ve posted this once before, but bears doing so again.

In short: get out fresh plates before you even receive the pizza. Remove the food from the container and dispose of it, then wash your hands. Make sure not to touch your face in the interim.

You might be going a little overboard, but for the most part you’re in the right spirit.

Thanks for that.  I essentially did just that.  Had all the plates prepared before getting the pizza.  Retrieved the pizzas and put the boxes on top of napkins on the kitchen counter.  Washed my hands.  Put on gloves to open all the boxes of pizza at the same time, disposed of gloves then washed my hands again.  Placed all pizzas onto plates and washed my hands.  Put on gloves to grab all the pizza boxes and napkins and removed them from the home.  Washed my hands again.

I probably have the cleanest hands in the U.S. right now and yeah this is overboard, but it's worth the little bit of extra time in the name of prevention :D

52 minutes ago, pwny said:

0loDsGC.jpg

It’s a regular tourist day here

people left the big city and are flooding the small towns for hiking and picnics at a safe distance 

they’re putting people in the small towns in danger and couldn’t care less 

it’s pretty infuriating, someone that has the power to put an end to this needs to step up, quickly 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pwny said:

I’ve posted this once before, but bears doing so again.

In short: get out fresh plates before you even receive the pizza. Remove the food from the container and dispose of it, then wash your hands. Make sure not to touch your face in the interim.

You might be going a little overboard, but for the most part you’re in the right spirit.

"The German Federal Institute for Risk Assesment (BfR) reports that it is also possible—but unlikely—that the virus could be spread through "smear" infection. In these cases, a healthy person would touch a contaminated surface with their hands—say, a can of soup, a touchscreen ATM, or a subway turnstile—then transfer the virus to their eyes or nose. There have been no known cases of this method of transfer, and it is thought to be far less likely than droplet infection"

I did not know this. Very reassuring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blahstoise said:

We had a warmish day in the UK, idiots everywhere flocked to the beach.

Bearing in mind we are on course to replicate Italy........my mind boggles.

Same here...  nicest day of the year and people are acting like this covid thing is just about wrapped up 

Just now, Dome said:

Same here...  nicest day of the year and people are acting like this covid thing is just about wrapped up 

All pubs, restaurants, cafes, gyms were ordered to shut last night, the British public used this as an opportunity to go out on the drink one last time.

14 days from now we'll surpass Italy by some distance I reckon

3 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

We had a warmish day in the UK, idiots everywhere flocked to the beach.

Bearing in mind we are on course to replicate Italy........my mind boggles.

I went for a run this morning with the dog, in Brentwood, and the number of old folk approaching me for a chat.

1. I'm running. **** off

2. Social distancing you silly old ****.

3. Yes the Border Colllie is cute 

27 minutes ago, Glen said:

While those numbers are bad arent they expected due to the time frame in which it arrived to the US vs other countries on the list?

Nope. Growth rates should follow the roughly the same basic log function across populaces. That’s why that graph being shows shows just about every country on the same path, just a certain number of days behind Italy/China.

This shows one of two things. Either we are doing an obscenely bad job of containment and seeing obscene spikes in the growth rates that no one else is seeing. Or we’re doing an obscenely bad job at testing and tracking the virus and our general growth is so far ahead of other countries that simply having access to a few more tests could point us to how we’re actually the worst case scenario in the world. Both are bad.

Edited by pwny

2 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I went for a run this morning with the dog, in Brentwood, and the number of old folk approaching me for a chat.

1. I'm running. **** off

2. Social distancing you silly old ****.

3. Yes the Border Colllie is cute 

I have a walk daily in Northumberland, live in a small town, see very few people - I'm quite happy staying away from people.

My wife works in the NHS and I dread when it gets worse as she'll be likely moved to respiratory physiotherapy. 

Tomorrow I feel is the last day of semi-normalcy for half a month in America.  Monday the proverbial poop is going to hit the fan and it will likely be a national quarantine.  I already stocked up on food a week ago, probably have three weeks left of food already, 4 if I rationed, but I’m going to go one last time tomorrow to be sure.

I am also planning on quarantining at work.  The Shining is what I will be watching the first night.  

I hope everyone can try to stay positive in a time like this.  Gonna try to be nicer her and a better person overall.  

• Like 2