Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

43 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Normalcy no, but lifting the shelter in place, opening borders, etc. has to happen 

There's a limit to what people will accept and at a certain point we need to take the risk of a proactive public health strategy rather than asking everyone to put their lives on hold until an unknown date in the future 

Personally I'm pretty confident the social distancing will get things under control based on what we're seeing and I think its highly likely the public health measures post-lockdown will have some positive effect, also think there will 100% be future serious outbreaks and many deaths before this is over, but thats unavoidable 

Not shelter in place, etc for an undetermined amount of time, but I’d be surprised to see large gatherings of people any time soon.

Things like schools, concerts, sporting events, etc.  Work from home whenever possible, etc.

Genuinely curious, if this virus was like the one in Contagion (killed 26 million people in 1 month, 30% fatality rate, and was extremely contagious) would people be as antsy to resume life as they currently are?

I think people would still be partying.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Genuinely curious, if this virus was like the one in Contagion (killed 26 million people in 1 month, 30% fatality rate, and was extremely contagious) would people be as antsy to resume life as they currently are?

I think people would still be partying.

I think the issue is how long it's taking for people to see the effects the virus will have. Right now, we're staying home and it appears to be for no purpose unless you understand the situation. Once people see the lines for medical care, body bags, and everything else locally, they'll get less antsy imo.