Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Your idea of "proof" and mine are probably very different.

Im not furthering any narrative.  Just saying I believe its a very real possibility.  

My idea of proof is listening to what the scientists who are actually running tests on it are saying. The conspiracy theorists for this have about as much evidence as the ones who think the earth is flat. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, JonStark said:

My idea of proof is listening to what the scientists who are actually running tests on it are saying. The conspiracy theorists for this have about as much evidence as the ones who think the earth is flat. 

Obviously, conspiracy theories don't help, and we need to stick to facts. Based on what we know, It's clear that COVID-19 is just the latest WMD to come directly from the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is a clear follow up to the time that they stole a nuclear bomb, hid it under their stadium, and then killed off tons of people to hold a city hostage with it. 

Who foiled them? Batman. There's the motive.

What was Bane wearing the whole movie? A mask because he was scared that the Steelers might dose him with Coronavirus.

Wake. Up. Sheeple.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My brother wants me to watch Contagion because of this. Like a Top 10 movie of his. Any good?

It’s decent. By no means is it on any favorites or best all time type of list. It’s watchable right now because of the obvious parallels and contemporary context.

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Obviously, conspiracy theories don't help, and we need to stick to facts. Based on what we know, It's clear that COVID-19 is just the latest WMD to come directly from the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is a clear follow up to the time that they stole a nuclear bomb, hid it under their stadium, and then killed off tons of people to hold a city hostage with it. 

What was Bane wearing the whole movie? A mask because he was scared that the Steelers might dose him with Coronavirus.

Wake. Up. Sheeple.

You have me convinced. League better come down on them and dock the Patriots a 1st rounder. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Wake. Up. Sheeple.

The Patriots did it! 

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

If China released the darn thing on purpose...why uh...exactly would they have gone to the effort of allegedly killing so many of their own people, and preparing for it and preparing ways to "burn the evidence"?  There's some deep logical incongruity to this notion, so far as i can tell.

Also...it's offensive to communism to refer to current China as anything resembling such.

I think maybe i've actually lost my ability to tell when people are being sarcastic on the internet or not.

But so far, the people profiting most from this whole mess...appear to be American Billionaires.

If you’ve studied any Chinese history since the early 1900’s you would know that China’s leaders care nothing about sacrificing their own. From purges to the long March death is irrelevant in the pursuit of political goals. 

59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

seems like theres a couple of vaccine candidates out there, one of them has to work.  they're much behind moderna though.  BUT moderna has never brought a vaccine to market yet.  they use a new technology called mRNA vaccines https://www.modernatx.com/modernas-work-potential-vaccine-against-covid-19

11 hours ago, mission27 said:

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/03/30/andrew-pekosz-immunity-seasonality/

What's the role of seasonality in the spread of this virus?

A lot of respiratory viruses have a seasonality. In areas that have seasons, you often see more respiratory disease in the winter than in the summer. That's because the conditions of lower temperature and lower humidity help facilitate transmission of the virus. COVID-19 is entering the population during the winter but we don't know if it's going to act like a typical respiratory virus in terms of seasonality. We don't know if COVID-19 will be very dependent on winter to effectively transmit, like the flu, or if it will find ways to effectively transmit throughout the year.

If we look to the Southern hemisphere, in parts of South America and in Australia, we're seeing significant COVID-19 outbreaks even though this is their summer season. So we're expecting that the virus is going to be able to transmit here at least to some extent after the winter months.

https://ccdd.hsph.harvard.edu/will-covid-19-go-away-on-its-own-in-warmer-weather/

Several people, including the US president, have suggested that the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes, COVID-19, will go away on its own in the warmer weather that will come in the Northern Hemisphere in coming months. Some have even suggested that the experience with SARS in 2003 provides evidence for this assertion.

The short answer is that while we may expect modest declines in the contagiousness of SARS-CoV-2 in warmer, wetter weather and perhaps with the closing of schools in temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere, it is not reasonable to expect these declines alone to slow transmission enough to make a big dent.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

This is the thing that gives me the most hope of a way out of this hole, that doesn't just keep rotating around for months on end.

If they can actually use that mass testing to isolate specific antibodies.  It's the sort of approach that makes sense to me.  It's just a matter of...actually managing to isolate the thing they need to...in order to issue those, "immune/cured/healed" certificates.  It'd let the world get somewhat back to normal, without big risk.

Edited by Tugboat