Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Not even about the content

Which is still worthless. It's a high ranking politician who heads up a committee with a goal of reducing Chinese influence blaming China for a crisis. No ****. He has no incentive to be honest, and provides no evidence.

Saying the word "disregard" would be giving this more thought than it's worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I have never wanted two people to root for the same football team as much as I want both @mistakey and @mission27 to be Browns fans. 

eh he can take the win.  i just realized ive wasted far too much mental energy debating with him on something he's clearly not gonna stop doing so whatever.  ill be waiting on bated breath for the publishing of his completely expert spread metrics tho

• Like 1

Am I seriously the only one here who thinks all this smoke over China's dishonesty is tinfoil conspiracy theory?  Like really? 

"Oh, it's his job to smear China..."

Okay.  Whatever.  Sure.  Biased source.  Whatever. 

Now what about all the stories of whistleblowers?  What about the literal whistleblowers with literal video of them literally blowing the whistle?

Is it the job of Chinese doctors to smear China? 

Just searching Chinese Whistleblowers on Google, the LEAST conservative search engine (not that this is about conservative/liberal, I just feel like people are accusing me of pushing conservative propaganda when that's not even what I'm trying to do), here are the first page results:

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-coronavirus-whistleblowers-speak-out-vanish-2020-2

https://theweek.com/speedreads/900488/chinas-coronavirus-recovery-all-fake-whistleblowers-residents-claim

https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/chinese-doctor-who-worked-with-late-whistleblower-dead-from-coronavirus/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/02/12/china-coronavirus-shows-importance-whistleblowers-ukraine-trump-column/4716217002/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51403795

https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/where-investigation-report-coronavirus-whistleblower

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/19/818295972/chinese-authorities-admit-improper-response-to-coronavirus-whistleblower

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/coronavirus-wuhan-doctor-ai-fen-speaks-out-against-authorities

https://www.whistleblowersblog.org/2020/03/articles/whistleblower-news/report-suggests-if-china-had-listened-to-whistleblower-95-of-coronavirus-infections-could-have-been-prevented/

That's not me picking and choosing links, that's literally the first page. 

And now one of them, Ai Fen, is allegedly missing. 

But "oof" and I'm irresponsible for posting whatever publication I posted a link to when Yahoo had nearly the identical article? 

Like you're going to harp on the link when the exact same information is in more reputable sources and you're really going to try to harp on the link? 

Edited by Outpost31

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe take a breather guy, sit the next round or two out. 

Or maybe people can actually respond to it instead of poking fun. 

This started because I linked to a publication that pretty much copied and pasted from more reputable publications that posted the same thing, so where's the issue? 

Simple yes or no question for you.  Please try to quit being a pompous butt and using jokes and answer the question straight up, yes or no:

Do you believe what China has said, says or will say about any of this?

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Or maybe people can actually respond to it instead of poking fun. 

This started because I linked to a publication that pretty much copied and pasted from more reputable publications that posted the same thing, so where's the issue? 

Simple yes or no question for you.  Please try to quit being a pompous butt and using jokes and answer the question straight up, yes or no:

Do you believe what China has said, says or will say about any of this?

Was “pompous” on your word of the day TP or what? 

As far as your question, I’ve been clear and stated so previously, I don’t believe the data or numbers coming from any government right now.  As far as their motivations, I’m not going there.

That is the worst kind of BS on this site. 

Like yeah, I'm going to be the first to admit I know very little in all of this, but I'm searching for information and pointing out things I read.  Same as anybody.  I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong on something, I'll be the first to admit I don't know something, but I don't have an agenda here.  I don't hate China.  Before all of this I had no thoughts whatsoever on China.  Everything I've seen from every single source I've looked at is at the very best hesitant to believe what China is saying. 

No new cases in Wuhan... Like are you kidding me?  Does literally anybody believe that? 

This stupid mentality on this forum in all things, not just this virus but football, too, you can have somebody post something and create an argument and then you get people just laughing at it without any kind of counterargument.

Ask literally anybody in the Packer forum that yeah, I'll argue to the last, but if I see definitive proof or even compelling proof, I'll always grant it and admit I was wrong.

So far, on the question of China's honesty, I've gotten a lot of laughs and no evidence. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Was “pompous” on your word of the day TP or what?

I'm trying to do Webby a favor because he asked me to stop swearing and I'm missing a few favorites from my vocabulary. 

As far as your question, I’ve been clear and stated so previously, I don’t believe the data or numbers coming from any government right now.  As far as their motivations, I’m not going there.

Not a simple yes or no. 

I'll try again:

Yes or no, is China coming off as EXTREMELY unreliable from the very beginning to the present? 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm trying to do Webby a favor because he asked me to stop swearing and I'm missing a few favorites from my vocabulary. 

Not a simple yes or no. 

I'll try again:

Yes or no, is China coming off as EXTREMELY unreliable from the very beginning to the present? 

ive posted many a times in this here very thread about contradictions to china's party line but managed not to promote conspiracies *shrug* 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That is the worst kind of BS on this site. 

Like yeah, I'm going to be the first to admit I know very little in all of this, but I'm searching for information and pointing out things I read.  Same as anybody.  I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong on something, I'll be the first to admit I don't know something, but I don't have an agenda here.  I don't hate China.  Before all of this I had no thoughts whatsoever on China.  Everything I've seen from every single source I've looked at is at the very best hesitant to believe what China is saying. 

No new cases in Wuhan... Like are you kidding me?  Does literally anybody believe that? 

This stupid mentality on this forum in all things, not just this virus but football, too, you can have somebody post something and create an argument and then you get people just laughing at it without any kind of counterargument.

Ask literally anybody in the Packer forum that yeah, I'll argue to the last, but if I see definitive proof or even compelling proof, I'll always grant it and admit I was wrong.

So far, on the question of China's honesty, I've gotten a lot of laughs and no evidence. 

old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Not a simple yes or no. 

I'll try again:

What part of  “I don’t believe the data from any government” is throwing you for a loop?

Here's the reality:

This is a pandemic the likes of which none of us have ever seen. Federal, state, and local governments have mandates in place, which restricts businesses, people's livelihoods, our entire educational system pre-K-doctoral studies, impacting millions of people's places of employments, all with virtually no tangible end in sight. 

IMO there's plenty of blame to go around. The CDC and others have now going back to the Clinton administration, warned each presidential administration that we don't have enough respirators to handle any semblance of a serious respiratory illness, and for over twenty years now, each administrator has passed the buck. This isn't a partisan issue, because the cost/benefit analysis said "Where is the return on 100,000 respirators that we'll probably never need?", so hindsight is 20/20 here.

I blame China for not releasing viable information. I blame Europe for their woefully inept response to this when it was spread, and I blame our country as a whole for the 10-20 day lag that we had on our response.

I blame forty years of outsourcing and 9 different presidential administrations for our dependency on other countries for mass production for items that we now need, as well as jobs that are now being lost.

We are all frustrated, uncertain, worried about our health/our loved ones' health, our livelihoods, the economy...you name it. Most of us are frustrated with cabin fever and waiting for things to return to normal, all while words like "June/July" are being thrown around, and it's not even April yet.

End of rant.

• Like 7