Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

ive posted many a times in this here very thread about contradictions to china's party line but managed not to promote conspiracies *shrug* 

I don’t think what I posted was all that conspiracy theory-ish.  Is it all that far-fetched that China isolated a deadly bay virus near Wuhan?  There was literally a video of their research into deadly bat viruses that was posted in 2015.  Yeah, some conspiracy theories suggest they made this one, but I don’t think the article I pointed to stated that’s what they believe.

Why is it conspiracy theory tinfoil hat gay frogs to point out that China had been working on these viruses near Wuhan?  Why is it gay frogs to suggest that China should receive a LOT of blame for being dishonest at the outset, trying to minimize the scope of this which has led to a LOT of death?

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I blame forty years of outsourcing and 9 different presidential administrations for our dependency on other countries for mass production for items that we now need, as well as jobs that are now being lost.

Eh, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.  Even if those things were being made in America, we'd still have trouble producing enough on short notice to help.

This is a non-issue for me.

Also, sorry to single out one thing you said in a longer post, because i'm with you, mostly.  But i'm a fan of globalization.  The rest of the world isn't our enemy.  We're all working and depending on each other.  Make love, my man.  Not war.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

Eh, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.  Even if those things were being made in America, we'd still have trouble producing enough on short notice to help.

Also, sorry to single out one thing you said in a longer post, because i'm with you, mostly.  But i'm a fan of globalization.  The rest of the world isn't our enemy.  We're all working and depending on each other.  Make love, my man.  Not war.

I'm all in favor for globalization to an extent as well, but when you give incentives to companies to move overseas and outsource jobs, that I take an issue with and was more or less referring to...but I don't want to derail this into that conversation either. ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t think what I posted was all that conspiracy theory-ish.  Is it all that far-fetched that China isolated a deadly bay virus near Wuhan?  There was literally a video of their research into deadly bat viruses that was posted in 2015.  Yeah, some conspiracy theories suggest they made this one, but I don’t think the article I pointed to stated that’s what they believe.

Why is it conspiracy theory tinfoil hat gay frogs to point out that China had been working on these viruses near Wuhan?  Why is it gay frogs to suggest that China should receive a LOT of blame for being dishonest at the outset, trying to minimize the scope of this which has led to a LOT of death?

bro i understand, you're just asking questions
have you ever met eddie bravo? i feel like you would get along

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

thej deep state confirmed

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm all in favor for globalization to an extent as well, but when you give incentives to companies to move overseas and outsource jobs, that I take an issue with and was more or less referring to...but I don't want to derail this into that conversation either. ;)

That's fine.  I guess my real point is that globalization in this case didn't affect anything.  Factories in the US or anywhere still wouldn't keep up.  It's just a non-issue when it comes to the coronavirus. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The unfortunate IRL fallout for some things is tough. For example, yesterday my wife's grandma died (she was almost 90 and in bad health), so they aren't doing a funeral. Tough decision, but the right one.

That sucks.  Really sorry man.  Hopefully your family can do something when group gatherings are allowed again.  Some sort of remembrance get together.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

That's fine.  I guess my real point is that globalization in this case didn't affect anything.  Factories in the US or anywhere still wouldn't keep up.  It's just a non-issue when it comes to the coronavirus. 

Yes/No.

If we still had a good contingent of factory jobs here, you could switch over to a different product in terms of mass production much simpler ala 1942-1959, especially with a Cold War 1950 piece of legislation being so heavily relied upon right now.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

That sucks.  Really sorry man.  Hopefully your family can do something when group gatherings are allowed again.  Some sort of remembrance get together.

Yeah thanks. She was doing poorly before all of this, so the plan is when all this is over, we will do some type of big family get together (Prime Rib dinner, etc.).

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

And yes things may spread more slowly over the summer... but very likely that just leads us to not be prepared when the next wave hits in November or December

if it I’d seasonal, you’re probably right.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The unfortunate IRL fallout for some things is tough. For example, yesterday my wife's grandma died (she was almost 90 and in bad health), so they aren't doing a funeral. Tough decision, but the right one.

Sorry for your loss Mwil

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sorry to hear, bud.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry bud, that’s awful.

Just now, daboyle250 said:

Sorry for your loss Mwil

Just now, ET80 said:

Sorry to hear, bud.

Thanks guys! This sounds AWFUL to say, but at this point, it was a blessing. She was in a lot of pain/discomfort, and her quality of life was nonexistent. 

• Like 2