Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

https://tvline.com/2020/04/01/adam-schlesinger-dead-crazy-ex-girlfriend-fountains-of-wayne-coronavirus/

I know a lot of people won't know who he is, but he was a member of fountains of Wayne (Stacey's mom is still an infuriatingly catchy song), but what I'll always remember him for was writing one of the greatest "fake" songs ever.

When he was just getting started, he wrote the title track for a move called "That Thing You Do", an amazingly charming movie with an insanely catchy title track. He did a lot more, of course, but I always loved that movie, and always thought that song was a fantastic 1960s style catchy diddy

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

On one hand, I see their point.  On another, just about every restaurant has slowed to a crawl in sales.  I know many are doing new things to drive sales, but it's half or more of their sales in all likelihood.  My store personally is closed, and my boss's other two are seeing over half of their sales from previous months cut off.  While supermarkets will be more busy, chain restaurants are using much less, and distributors who deal with local establishments will be doing much less as well.  A lot of that food can be reappropriated to super markets if needed.  

I can't find the link, but what I heard is that over the next couple months it's going to be tough to find the brand that you like, but that in general, there are still going to be products on the shelf.  But higher-end items from niche suppliers are probably not being produced right now.  

On 3/31/2020 at 5:30 PM, animaltested said:

A little surreal anecdote to share: 

Background, my apartment is about two blocks east of Century Link Field (Seahawks Stadium). They have been discussing turning into a field hospital. My "shelter in place" jog takes my down past and around the stadium. Today, the hotel on the north end of the stadium had pure white school buses parked in front of it. Odd, but whatever. Then I see groups of three fatigued up boots wandering around. There was about 15-20 soldiers walking the perimeter of the stadium. 

Anyway, wasn't "movie"esque (no flood lights, and pop up tents yet), but very disaster movie-ish.

Probably going to look a lot like this, minus the copious amount of Pepsi products. 

I'm far from a medical person, but I'd be interested to see how those treated outside (ala Central Park tents) recover in comparison to those inside. I know that this is a terrible comparison, as it's a different illness altogether and it's 102 years later, with technology coming leaps and bounds since, but those with the Spanish Flu who were treated outside improved markedly better than those treated inside.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

is that a legit source?  the guy seems like kind of a nut.  idk where he wouldve found 700 coronavirus patients in Monroe...

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

is that a legit source?  the guy seems like kind of a nut.  idk where he wouldve found 700 coronavirus patients in Monroe...

in that grey area.  cant rule out the possibility of it working i dont think, but he's not the most believable

So my sons pediatrician is insisting that we still bring him in for his next set of vaccines. He's 16 months old and has always been on time with all of his shots. Am I crazy for thinking its insane to be taking him to any kind of medical facility right now with everything going on? 

Weekly jobless claims surged to a staggering 6.65 million, more than double the 3.1 million expected, for the week ending March 28 as the coronavirus continues batter the American economy—it’s the highest level ever recorded. 6.6 million weekly claims means that 2% of the entire U.S. population filed for unemployment last week.

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Weekly jobless claims surged to a staggering 6.65 million, more than double the 3.1 million expected, for the week ending March 28 as the coronavirus continues batter the American economy—it’s the highest level ever recorded. 6.6 million weekly claims means that 2% of the entire U.S. population filed for unemployment last week.

US pop is something like 331 million right?  How many of those are actually in the working pool?  Like 50-60%?  Trying to get a feel for the actual percentage out of work currently.  Because it's more than 2%.

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

US pop is something like 331 million right?  How many of those are actually in the working pool?  Like 50-60%?  Trying to get a feel for the actual percentage out of work currently.  Because it's more than 2%.

In 2018, around 156 million people were employed.

About 10 million people have filed for unemployment in the last 3 weeks, which is a bit over 6% of the working population.

• Like 1