Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 hours ago, N4L said:

thats the part that gets me. no funerals? damn

even mortuary's businesses are failing. Prostitutes are going hungry too. Literally the oldest profession on earth is no longer operating right now. Thats nuts. You would have thought a mortuary would be the most stable business in the world because there are always people dying. 

Yeah and normally the City of Chicago would throw this officer a HUGE service, they even lit up the buildings downtown blue for him.  They may still have one for him, but that’s probably at least two months away if not longer considering it would be a large gathering.  Normally (at least for me) the funeral is a major part of the grieving process where you can finally begin to move forward with your life.  For covid related death families i gotta imagine that they’re never really going to have that closure.

• Like 1

My mom might have the Rona 

she works at UCSD Hospital at the IT department 

she came up negative but the oral swab isn’t reliable(they’re out of nasal swabs)

she’s had a fever, cough and congestion for like two weeks and she’s in her late 40s. Hope she pulls through

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, mistakey said:

your words and emphasis on how important you think it is are not consistent

I think it’s somewhat important for three reasons:

1. The seasonality happens to coincide with when we should be seeing a significant reduction in cases from social distancing anyway and when we’d want to ease distancing (May to June and into summer), so while it wouldn’t stop the spread by itself, it will hopefully be part of the solution to slowing another wave over the summer (along with more limited distancing especially for at risk, testing, tracking etc.) 

You may remember this originally came up because I said I believed seasonality would have some positive effect and could be PART of what helps us climb out of this in May... exactly what Fauci is getting at... he’s also saying don’t expect it to be a panacea and magically go away, which I 100% agree with and never suggested.  But some who shall remain nameless told me I was a fool to even suggest this was likely seasonal.  Well guess what, I was right.

2. It suggests the Southern Hemisphere may be hit hard in a month or two if they don’t stop this in its tracks NOW, which could be an immensely bigger humanitarian crisis (if you think we don’t have enough ventilators try large parts of South America, Africa, you name it)

3. Also suggests we are likely to see a major Wave 2 come October or November and need to expedite development of a vaccine and treatments as much as humanly possible and be ready 

35 minutes ago, mission27 said:

1. The seasonality happens to coincide with when we should be seeing a significant reduction in cases from social distancing anyway and when we’d want to ease distancing (May to June and into summer), so while it wouldn’t stop the spread by itself, it will hopefully be part of the solution to slowing another wave over the summer (along with more limited distancing especially for at risk, testing, tracking etc.) 

You may remember this originally came up because I said I believed seasonality would have some positive effect and could be PART of what helps us climb out of this in May... exactly what Fauci is getting at... he’s also saying don’t expect it to be a panacea and magically go away, which I 100% agree with and never suggested.  But some who shall remain nameless told me I was a fool to even suggest this was likely seasonal.  Well guess what, I was right.

2. It suggests the Southern Hemisphere may be hit hard in a month or two if they don’t stop this in its tracks NOW, which could be an immensely bigger humanitarian crisis (if you think we don’t have enough ventilators try large parts of South America, Africa, you name it)

3. Also suggests we are likely to see a major Wave 2 come October or November and need to expedite development of a vaccine and treatments as much as humanly possible and be ready 

*Finger crossed* that COVID-19 continues to mutate slowly + people gain immunity for more than a year will + experience battling the frist wave = not as deadly of a second wave. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Guess what?

Until we actually SEE reduced infections due to seasonality it’s simply assumptions. 

The stark reality is U.S. officials have downplayed this virus from the start. Fauci is about the only individual getting air time that’s been even remotely responsible.

We don’t know yet, what we don’t know.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Guess what?

Until we actually SEE reduced infections due to seasonality it’s simply assumptions. 

The stark reality is U.S. officials have downplayed this virus from the start. Fauci is about the only individual getting air time that’s been even remotely responsible.

We don’t know yet, what we don’t know.

I'm saying literally the same thing Fauci is saying tbh