Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I had the same thing... needed to clear my through and didn’t dare with people around.

If 6 months ago you would’ve told me that in 2020 we’d be farting to cover the sound of a cough I’d assume we’d lost some kind of alien war and that was a new rule

Sorry, but no cough is outdoing my flatulence. It's too consistent. 

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

street sweep, and I don't mean for dirt
Its often a tool for the police to enforce the shut downs -  night time is when people are having unprotected liaisons

that's legit the reason lol? damn they gotta just shut everything down and make it so you can't be chilling in public during those hours. can't even go over to anyones crib unless you're tryna sleep on their couch? think i'm finna start working overnight shifts just so to kill that time lol. 

I have been feeling extremely optimistic recently. Not that I think we are anywhere close to being done with this, just that I have never once doubted human ingenuity or resiliency and I am not about to start now. 

We will figure out a way to crush this thing. We dont have any other choice. 

Undoubted societal and economic changes incoming

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

wtf is the point of a curfew? 

People tend to go outside for work/food during the day, which is a necessity. Going out later and towards nighttime is much, much more likely to be for social or non-essential reasons.

At least that’s the thought behind it. 

• Like 2

I work Part time at a grocery store and honestly do not feel comfortable working this weekend or really at all while this is going on. But I do Not want to lose that income. Not sure what to do. My grocery store isn’t even offering gloves for their employees. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

I have been feeling extremely optimistic recently. Not that I think we are anywhere close to being done with this, just that I have never once doubted human ingenuity or resiliency and I am not about to start now. 

I’ve been trying, too, but man dealing with the public during this gives me such little faith for humanity.  The complaints I’ve dealt with from people just makes me honestly dislike old people.  Some of the biggest *****es and aholes ever during this time, all old people, complaining about a lack of breakfast, pool closed... This is to protect them and they are complaining.

34 minutes ago, Dome said:

I had the same thing... needed to clear my through and didn’t dare with people around.

If 6 months ago you would’ve told me that in 2020 we’d be farting to cover the sound of a cough I’d assume we’d lost some kind of alien war and that was a new rule

Yeah, and its hard to "move the chair" to make it sound like a cough

Here in Illinois they've issued a "stay at home" order starting at 5 PM CST tomorrow running through 4/7. I really, really hope people start following it. My mom works in one of the local pharmacies, and she might be less protected than my wife in the ICU. the stores are just swamped. She works in a neighborhood with a generally older demographic, and they have been coming out in droves and cleaning out the store daily.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Here in Illinois they've issued a "stay at home" order starting at 5 PM CST tomorrow running through 4/7. I really, really hope people start following it. My mom works in one of the local pharmacies, and she might be less protected than my wife in the ICU. the stores are just swamped. She works in a neighborhood with a generally older demographic, and they have been coming out in droves and cleaning out the store daily.

People can still go to the store and pharmacies, so probably won't do much.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
16 minutes ago, N4L said:

I’ve been trying, too, but man dealing with the public during this gives me such little faith for humanity.  The complaints I’ve dealt with from people just makes me honestly dislike old people.  Some of the biggest *****es and aholes ever during this time, all old people, complaining about a lack of breakfast, pool closed... This is to protect them and they are complaining.

It happens. Youll be ok