Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 hours ago, Dome said:

I have a decision to make.

i live in a decently populated city in WA with a good handful of cases and 4 deaths already 

i commute to work as a butcher in a small town of 2-3k

im considering just using all my pto to take the next month off... I don’t want to be the guy that brings the bug from the big city to the small town his parents and grandparents live in

the problem is I’m a butcher and people still need meat

i have no idea what to do 

Let them eat cake 

• Like 1

My brother is a baker and turned up at my house this morning with enough bread and cakes to fill a freezer.

He also gave us a freezer to put in the garage.

Big brothers do big brother stuff.

Edited by Mega Ron
Ish.
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

It was 80 here yesterday so all the idiots from pa, and cape (de) were out to the beach... This is why we can't have nice things 

As long as they keep their distance a beach doesn't seem like a bad place to be

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Hearing speculation of a national quarantine starting Monday.  If it happens, I'll officially be living at work.  I'm not complaining.  I'm thanking my lucky stars to be in that situation. 

I heard from a military buddy Wednesday. Really probably depends on how the situation escalates. Probably only really see a heavy military presence in the major cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, etc.

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Hearing speculation of a national quarantine starting Monday.  If it happens, I'll officially be living at work.  I'm not complaining.  I'm thanking my lucky stars to be in that situation. 

Yeah, just happy to be working and able to get OT.  And I’m not one to typically work OT.

My 4 year old has had a cough for a few days and a low grade fever (99.6 the last 2 days). This morning I got Up and on her pillow there was a good 3-4 half dollar size spots of blood. But she’s acting perfectly fine and when we called the doctor they said it could of been from cracked lips or if she bit her tongue and that we should just watch her throughout the day and give her plenty of fluids. 

Not sure I’m satisfied with that answer. 

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Maybe this virus is just the Earth's way of healing itself

Just reading about wildlife returning in Italy and the waters being clear in the short time people have been isolated is another reminder of how badly humans wreck the planet.  Makes you wish it was a Plastic Virus.  And that's not a climate change post, it's just a pollution/waste post.  E'rbody can agree humans pollute and waste too much. 

23 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

My 4 year old has had a cough for a few days and a low grade fever (99.6 the last 2 days). This morning I got Up and on her pillow there was a good 3-4 half dollar size spots of blood. But she’s acting perfectly fine and when we called the doctor they said it could of been from cracked lips or if she bit her tongue and that we should just watch her throughout the day and give her plenty of fluids. 

Not sure I’m satisfied with that answer. 

Also this sounds pretty serious. Can you see any spots in or around the mouth that could have caused blood?