Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

They should probably just reschedule Easter

That's be like rescheduling Christmas. It's a date on the calendar that can't be moved. Churches just need to adapt around this event. 

Also, the talk about communion reminded me that some Catholic churches still do common cup. Very happy that Catholic churches are out of service right now lol. That would spread this thing like nothing else.

The one time I attended a Catholic service I made the mistake of taking common cup (didn't realize I could refuse). Got a bad sore throat and cold 2 days later. Maybe that tradition will die with this virus. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

That's be like rescheduling Christmas. It's a date on the calendar that can't be moved. Churches just need to adapt around this event. 

Also, the talk about communion reminded me that some Catholic churches still do common cup. Very happy that Catholic churches are out of service right now lol. That would spread this thing like nothing else.

The one time I attended a Catholic service I made the mistake of taking common cup (didn't realize I could refuse). Got a bad sore throat and cold 2 days later. Maybe that tradition will die with this virus. 

That's a big no no to take it if you aren't Catholic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/8-strains-coronavirus-circling-globe-182338255.html

8 strains currently identified which might initially sound bad but luckily the virus mutates very slowly so the strains are all very similar and have the same symptoms, none are more lethal than any other and they are saying it's highly unlikely a more lethal mutation happens.

Just now, rob_shadows said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/8-strains-coronavirus-circling-globe-182338255.html

8 strains currently identified which might initially sound bad but luckily the virus mutates very slowly so the strains are all very similar and have the same symptoms, none are more lethal than any other and they are saying it's highly unlikely a more lethal mutation happens.

I’m going to assume this means a less lethal mutation is highly likely and if anyone tells me anything different, they’re the new public enemy #1

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm Irish catholic and I never take the wine. Always ask the wife to bring peanut butter in her purse for that dry @$$ wafer.

When I had to go to church as a kid we got welches grape juice

communion Sunday was lit 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

I went to Catholic Mass a couple times as a kid (my mom's side of the family is Irish Catholic)

It freaked me out and I would never go again, lol 

Let's maybe not go this route. I was taking specifically about common cup and how gross it is. Thought it was relevant given the pandemic. Maybe I shouldn't have gone there either. But let's not dive into religion in general. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, theJ said:

Like I said earlier, in bad flu seasons the cup can be suspended.  It's also an option as far as the individual church goes.  The parish where I had my first communion only has the cup for First Communions (children and adults) and when we switched to where we currently go to church, it was a few years before we had the cup.  

I've also been a minister of communion at church for 14 years, and I've yet to get sick and I used to "purified" the vessels (now the priest or deacon are supposed to do it.)  But obviously, people should use their best judgment if they are taking the cup, but as this pandemic is concerned, we've seen that people won't do that.  I could easily see churches switching it for the time being, or potentially a diocese/archdiocese making a decision for their region as well.  

• Like 1