Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Anyone else been getting it on with demons in their sleep?

Man, honestly, last week, I had a pretty sultry dream and then they just turned into a grim reaper looking skeleton thing. Woke myself up with an "AH"

• Like 1

Day 1 of HS Football practice in the books. I anticipate another week or two of practice, while the collective powers that be kick the can down the road for 1-3 weeks, followed by an “indefinite delay/postponement”, followed by another swap deadline, followed by an outright cancellation, all while everyone runs around trying to figure out how to do HS Education for our 2,500 9-12 students with 25-30 kids in each classroom.

Panic Omg GIF

Live look at OHSAA and DoE at all levels.
GIF by Giphy QA

A lot of states are really taking the hit during this crisis. I really hope the federal government does provide more state aid in the next (possibly last?) stimulus package.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/03/893190275/states-are-broke-and-many-are-eyeing-massive-cuts-heres-how-yours-is-doing

With dwindling cash, cuts to education, health care and other areas are inevitable in many places. State leaders have described the situation as "unprecedented," "horrifying" and "devastating." Florida's Republican governor, Ron DeSantis, compared his state's budget cuts to the Red Wedding scene in HBO's Game of Thrones. 

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, said, "Responding to this crisis has created a multiyear budget crisis unlike anything the state has ever faced before, more than three times worse than the Great Recession."

Edited by Xenos

On 8/2/2020 at 12:44 PM, MookieMonstah said:

Well, this seems bad

But not altogether surprising.   I guess it doesn't make intuitive sense to me that children wouldn't be able to catch and transmit it.  It's not like they'd have anti-bodies or anything that adults might.

Would really like to forward this on to my kid's school board.

12 minutes ago, theJ said:

But not altogether surprising.   I guess it doesn't make intuitive sense to me that children wouldn't be able to catch and transmit it.  It's not like they'd have anti-bodies or anything that adults might.

Would really like to forward this on to my kid's school board.

My son managed to give me his colds from daycare. So a stronger virus is not going to be as easily transmissible in a more crowded setting? Yeah, I don’t buy that either. It’s politics unfortunately. People want schools to reopen but they don’t provide the necessary plans or PPEs to help with the reopening. This can only end badly for everyone involved including the students and their families.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

My son managed to give me his colds from daycare. So a stronger virus is not going to be as easily transmissible in a more crowded setting? Yeah, I don’t buy that either. It’s politics unfortunately. People want schools to reopen but they don’t provide the necessary plans or PPEs to help with the reopening. This can only end badly for everyone involved including the students and their families.

This is precisely why most states aren’t mandating social distancing and masks in school. If the state mandates it, they’ll need to help pay for it. It’s a joke. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

A lot of states are really taking the hit during this crisis. I really hope the federal government does provide more state aid in the next (possibly last?) stimulus package.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/03/893190275/states-are-broke-and-many-are-eyeing-massive-cuts-heres-how-yours-is-doing

Here’s my surprised face. 😂

• Like 1