Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

17 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

What makes me sad is people cant even take a pandemic seriously when its ravaged their country. How are we supposed to address climate change properly when we cant even address a pandemic that's killed 130K people properly?

The earth would have to look like this before everybody wanted to fight climate change.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm sure if we just taught these people how to wear a mask or all dressed up in red and blue shirts and sang Kumbaya our problems would go away though amirite.

The logical part of me screams that this is about as real as "rainbow parties" in the 90's.  Or drugs in Halloween candy.

But the other part of me knows too many people from Alabama.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The logical part of me screams that this is about as real as "rainbow parties" in the 90's.  Or drugs in Halloween candy.

But the other part of me knows too many people from Alabama.

I think the author felt the same way because the article is presented like "yes, reader we know you think these people are too stupid to exist, we thought the same thing".

1 hour ago, Blahstoise said:

Hello July

Easy to cure when identified like but 2020 is taking the p***

There are cases of the black plague every year, you just don't usually do it publicised much because it doesn't really spawn major outbreaks anymore. 

Only reason it's being publicised now is because of everyone being on edge and the media taking advantage by posting anything they can to get clicks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

There are cases of the black plague every year, you just don't usually do it publicised much because it doesn't really spawn major outbreaks anymore. 

Only reason it's being publicised now is because of everyone being on edge and the media taking advantage by posting anything they can to get clicks.

Oh I'm well aware, I'm all aboard the media being absurdly oversensitive

Next up, Smallpox might return because the Arctic is melting or something like that

On 7/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, WizeGuy said:

What makes me sad is people cant even take a pandemic seriously when its ravaged their country. How are we supposed to address climate change properly when we cant even address a pandemic that's killed 130K people properly?

Well climate change is a whole other can of worms that became sadly political as well 😢

Once again this bears repeating about wearing masks and the protests.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/01/research-determines-protests-did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/?

Protests against systemic racism held in 300-plus U.S. cities following the death of George Floyd did not cause a significant increase in coronavirus infections, according to a team of economists who have published their findings in a 60-page paper released by the National Bureau of Economic Research; these somewhat surprising results are supported by Covid-19 testing data in many populous cities where demonstrations were held. 

Edited by Xenos

4 hours ago, Blahstoise said:

Oh I'm well aware, I'm all aboard the media being absurdly oversensitive

Next up, Smallpox might return because the Arctic is melting or something like that

Smallpox will return for other more obvious reasons.

• Like 1

In a letter sent to sponsor families by the commandant at the Naval Academy, midshipmen will be confined to the “yard” for the first semester.  They will get there, have a test for Covid and have ROM for two weeks.  At that point, they can travel around the yard, but no liberties will be given to venture out of the gates.  They can have food delivered but that is all of the outside contact.  Starting on July 1st, no one can tour the academy grounds and all access is restricted to necessary personnel.  

One of their OOC opponents has already backed out of traveling up here for a home football game.  I’ve also heard through my contacts that the stadium may only be at 1/4 capacity, and 100 midshipmen allowed in at a time.  

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

New York aint messing around 

Contract tracing: New York county subpoenas ‘covid party’ guests after hosts test positive - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/03/contact-tracing-covid-party-subpoena/

Terrible idea tbh. Snowflakes like these people singing at the top of their lungs is going to really spread COVID.

• Like 1