Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I got my first dose of the moderna vaccine today.  They wanted to schedule me to take my second dose on March 30, but i will be in California from March 28 - April 4.  Since i won’t be here on the 30th they said i have to call them and see if they have any doses left when I’m back home, which is no guarantee.  

Im confident that i will get my second dose, it’s just a matter of how long I’ll have to wait.  Will the effectiveness of my first dose be affected if i have to wait longer than the recommended 4 weeks?

45 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I got my first dose of the moderna vaccine today.  They wanted to schedule me to take my second dose on March 30, but i will be in California from March 28 - April 4.  Since i won’t be here on the 30th they said i have to call them and see if they have any doses left when I’m back home, which is no guarantee.  

Im confident that i will get my second dose, it’s just a matter of how long I’ll have to wait.  Will the effectiveness of my first dose be affected if i have to wait longer than the recommended 4 weeks?

You have 42 days between shots to get the full effectiveness. So essentially another two weeks to get the 2nd Moderna shot.

Edit: the 28 days is simply the quickest time you can safely get second shot. Though I heard a day or two before will not cause issues.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You have 42 days between shots to get the full effectiveness. So essentially another two weeks to get the 2nd Moderna shot.

Edit: the 28 days is simply the quickest time you can safely get second shot. Though I heard a day or two before will not cause issues.

Thanks for the info.  I should be able to make that work.

• Like 1

Are people that have been able to stay pretty much at home this going to be at greater risk of getting sick from something else when they do go out and about even if covid isn't an issue?

That might be hard to read. Some people haven't been exposed to much in a year+. How does that affect the immune system?

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are people that have been able to stay pretty much at home this going to be at greater risk of getting sick from something else when they do go out and about even if covid isn't an issue?

That might be hard to read. Some people haven't been exposed to much in a year+. How does that affect the immune system?

1 year of limited/minimal exposure to various pathogens/virus, etc should not affect the immune system that much relative to the 20-30-40+ years of prior exposure to various pathogens/virus, etc.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I got more flair than him... This is more my speed:

GrayTameAustraliansilkyterrier-small.gif

let us return to the wrestling gimmick

WWE NXT Highlights This Week: Io Shirai vs. Shayna Baszler, Steel Cage

EDIT: OMG my little post got us to 1000

but...you chose to not go for Ric Flair....

6 hours ago, squire12 said:
8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

1 year of limited/minimal exposure to various pathogens/virus, etc should not affect the immune system that much relative to the 20-30-40+ years of prior exposure to various pathogens/virus, etc.  

Besides, we discussed this last year, the flue shouldn't stop people from getting back to their lives.

So the defense production act was used to expedite the process of converting two Merck facilities to help produce the J&J vaccines. This is what led to the more optimistic timeline given yesterday. Good stuff.

• Like 1