Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

CBS has Wisconsin vs. Duke 2015 NCAA mens BB championship on tonight. Even when there are no sports, Wisconsin still gets its heart ripped out.

Back in 2008, NFL Films ran “The Cleveland Montage” 3 consecutive weeks with 

1. Red Right 88 (losing INT to the Raiders in the end zone)

2. The Drive

3. The Fumble

I’m serious.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

Back in 2008, NFL Films ran “The Cleveland Montage” 3 consecutive weeks with 

1. Red Right 88 (losing INT to the Raiders in the end zone)

2. The Drive

3. The Fumble

I’m serious.

every commercial should be a Baker one too

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

every commercial should be a Baker one too

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't believe he let them do commercials where he was cleaning an empty stadium. 

It’s more ironic that he has zero awareness or recognition where the smoke detector is and can’t start up a lawnmower. At least he’s not seeing ghosts I guess.

The big chain grocery stores around here are announcing bonuses for their workers 

The ones I’ve seen, the pay is less and the time they are covering is less than what the owner of the mom and pop shop I work at is giving us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

EDIT: The other thing I saw that kind of surprised me, people who were not following any social distancing guidelines for the most part were in that older 50+ category.  Not sure what the thought process there would be. 

It's actually funny that you mentioned this. I had to do a grocery run over the weekend, and I messaged my girlfriend while doing it and said the same exact thing. I was thoroughly perplexed. People my age (30's & 40's) were mostly protective of themselves (though all didn't wear gloves / masks / etc), but they definitely kept their space. The seniors though were terrible. Constantly just walked right up next to me, stood next me, etc.  At one point I was in a cooler aisle, had the door open to get stuff out, and an elderly woman actually slid in between myself and the cooler so that she could get what she needed while I was standing there at the door, keeping it open. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mistakey said:

well they reopened movie theaters and then had to reclose them

Yeah they're trying to protect against a wave 2.  Rightfully so.  The challenge that they're facing is this is blowing up into a global pandemic right when its been brought under control domestically.  So they're being careful.

13 minutes ago, Dome said:

The big chain grocery stores around here are announcing bonuses for their workers 

The ones I’ve seen, the pay is less and the time they are covering is less than what the owner of the mom and pop shop I work at is giving us 

new seasons in pdx are offering hazard pay. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

new seasons in pdx are offering hazard pay. 

From what I saw, the hazard pay increase was on par with the bonuses that other stores are giving...

glad they’re doing something 

4 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Yeah they're trying to protect against a wave 2.  Rightfully so.  The challenge that they're facing is this is blowing up into a global pandemic right when its been brought under control domestically.  So they're being careful.

Tbh I think the threat in China is much more so from the large number of imported cases sparking an outbreak rather than the small and relatively well contained (it seems) leftover cases in Hubei 

They probably have a very good idea who is infected right now in Hubei and very tight surveillance in place with testing and temp checking but its harder to do that with everyone whose recently come into the country from abroad 

In a way China has it hardest because they are coming out of this right as its blowing up.  We will have it much easier because we will be coming down at the same time or later than Europe and Canada and can keep tight restrictions to the extent there are some other countries particularly less developed countries in the southern hemisphere that see fresh outbreaks pop up in May-July

• Like 1