Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Detroit — A city bus driver who complained recently in an online video that a passenger had openly coughed on his bus amid the coronavirus pandemic has died from the respiratory illness. Jason Hargrove, 50, died Wednesday of COVID-19, according to the head of the city's bus driver union, Glenn Tolbert, on Thursday. In his March 21 Facebook post (EDITOR'S NOTE: Contains obscene language), Hargrove spoke heatedly about a woman, whom he believed to be in her 50s or 60s, coughing openly on the bus without covering her mouth.

He started to feel sick four days after this incident. 

Damn.

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Doesn’t feel like anything is on lockdown. There’s still 1,000 people at the grocery store every time I Drive past it to and from work. And the lines for Chik-Fil-A might be the longest I’ve ever seen them. 

Gotta think of it this way- most if not all Chick-fil-A's have closed their dining rooms, and may have even closed the restaurant entirely.  That means the only outlet for sales are drive-thru and curbside.  We also all know that Chick-fil-A has a ton of people outside doing iPads all hours of the day, and they've pulled all of those people in which slows down the line considerably.  So even though you see a line, it doesn't mean that it's a whole lot of sales.  

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Also just noticed that the CDC officially recommended wearing non-surgical masks in public.

Source: CDC

The problem is, the masks will not help if people still touch their face, touch an unsanitized phone, use their hands/gloves to touch something else and then the mask incorrectly, or take it off incorrectly.  Most people don't pay that much attention to those things, and are going to go around with a mask and not fixate on everything else they are doing that negates the mask. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The problem is, the masks will not help if people still touch their face, touch an unsanitized phone, use their hands/gloves to touch something else and then the mask incorrectly, or take it off incorrectly.  Most people don't pay that much attention to those things, and are going to go around with a mask and not fixate on everything else they are doing that negates the mask. 

Those people would have still been infected in the first place then. I don't understand why people think wearing a mask is a cure. It's not. It's a "it's better than nothing" deal. Your armor against the disease goes from F level to D- level. Also, if you have something it and cough or whatever, then it helps prevent the spread to other people. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Those people would have still been infected in the first place then. I don't understand why people think wearing a mask is a cure. It's not. It's a "it's better than nothing" deal. Your armor against the disease goes from F level to D- level. Also, if you have something it and cough or whatever, then it helps prevent the spread to other people. 

This, masks are more for keeping other people safe than yourself, it's the reason they wear them all the time in Asia... It isn't too keep themselves from getting sick it's to keep themselves from getting others sick.

Never been happier to work for my boss.  He told some of us yesterday that he is setting up an account for employees who are in need of additional support.  They would fill out a Google form, and he would send it to a panel of members of our senior leadership, and a few people outside of our business that are peers in the community so we can have a subjective and objective view of where the money is going. Then the money can be dispersed to them.  This is on top of his commitment to make sure everyone has the hours that they normally would- my location is closed, but the other two are operating at their normal staffing levels (for those who want and are able to work), as well as taking on my team who want to work as well.  

• Like 2