Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So no?

I'll give a serious answer instead of just making fun of you. The purpose of the press conference is to provide an overview of, answer questions about, and justify the the government's public health policy. The purpose of them is not to go over stuff like "should I take vitamins". 

You probably need to drastically change the ratio of "different perspective" COVID-19 news you're getting.

Alright that's enough serious time.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'll give a serious answer instead of just making fun of you. The purpose of the press conference is to provide an overview of, answer questions about, and justify the the government's public health policy. The purpose of them is not to go over stuff like "should I take vitamins". 

You probably need to drastically change the ratio of "different perspective" COVID-19 news you're getting.

Alright that's enough serious time.

Then why does he talk about washing hands so much? He should also mention eating right, getting enough sleep and getting some fresh air. 

FYI I haven't actually watched a press conference in a while so I might be talking out of my *** 

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Then why does he talk about washing hands so much? He should also mention eating right, getting enough sleep and getting some fresh air. 

FYI I haven't actually watched a press conference in a while so I might be talking out of my *** 

Because washing your hands to limit transmission is massive component to social distancing, which is a core component of the US governments public health policy. 

The difference between that and eating right or getting enough sleep is that if a fat person coughs on you that doesn't make you fat too. Thus, it's not relevant to social distancing/ COVID-19 US public health policy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Because washing your hands to limit transmission is massive component to social distancing, which is a core component of the US governments public health policy. 

The difference between that and eating right or getting enough sleep is that if a fat person coughs on you that doesn't make you fat too. Thus, it's not relevant to social distancing/ COVID-19 US public health policy.

I'm not saying it has to be one or the other. I've heard a gazzilion times to wash my hands but hardly anything about taking care of myself.

I could sit and side all day washing tv and then go to the store with a bunch of other people that could be sick. Is washing my hands really going to get rid of every virus that I could have come in contact with or that I could bring into my home? Sitting down and watching TV again next to the stuff that I got from the store doesn't seem like it'll help me if anything I brought home has the virus on it.

Wouldn't I be better off going for a walk and getting fresh air and exercise?

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

I'm not saying it has to be one or the other. I've heard a gazzilion times to wash my hands but hardly anything about taking care of myself.

I could sit and side all day washing tv and then go to the store with a bunch of other people that could be sick. Is washing my hands really going to get rid of every virus that I could have come in contact with or that I could bring into my home? Sitting down and watching TV again next to the stuff that I got from the store doesn't seem like it'll help me if anything I brought home has the virus on it.

Wouldn't I be better off going for a walk and getting fresh air and exercise?

Do you not understand that Anthony Fauci isn't your personal doctor?

He's a public health official. His job is to create US public policy, inform the public about it, and ensure it is based upon scientific scrutiny.. He isn't going to ask you if you're getting exercise or tell you to take your pants off and tell you to cough. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's a public health official. His job is to create US public policy, inform the public about it, and ensure it is based upon scientific scrutiny.. He isn't going to ask you if you're getting exercise or tell you to take your pants off and tell you to cough. 

Can confirm. No matter how many DMs I send.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ok. So why is it a bad thing to listen to what other doctors have to say?

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Very true, he works for the government... They don't warn you before bending you over 😋

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I didn't say that. I said you need to seriously change the ratio of "different perspective" content you're watching.

Well someone discredited the video because it wasn't Fauci. 

I comment on one thing and you think you know me

1 hour ago, TLO said:

The real question is who cares about what one doctor who is from the armpit of CA has to say? I saw people pushing this one “doctor” on Facebook, and he was just some chiropractor saying to drink tonic water. I’m sorry, but I’ll believe the likes of Fauci and Birx before whichever random doctor some right wing propaganda network finds to prop up. 

Who cares that you don't care or who you believe? That's not the point. And the top experts aren't always right as Fauci proved to us early on. I and probably millions of others found some of what they had to say informative. People want to hear the opinions of people who are actually on the ground and many don't give a flying rats anus if it's right or left wing. Let the information go to the public and let each individual filter it instead of taking it down. Why censor what the public can see?

It's pretty clear YouTube, who is owned by Google, who is owned by Alphabet Inc. (who coincidentally gives millions and millions to....ahh nevermind I won't go there) is warring against what they have to say and don't want the public to hear them. If you don't think they're sketchy af then I encourage you to research Google's Dragonfly search engine project that would have further oppressed Chinese citizens if not for hundreds of Google's employees stepping in and telling them no.

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Well someone discredited the video because it wasn't Fauci. 

I comment on one thing and you think you know me

And you tried to discredit Fauci because you aren't aware of the topic of virtually every official press conference he's been involved in.

• Like 1