Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Haven't they gotten rid of anti-vax stuff before?

I have no idea tbh.

But they have removed conservative videos that war against their liberal ideologies which broke none of their policies.

Just now, dtait93 said:

I have no idea tbh.

But they have removed conservative videos that war against their liberal ideologies which broke none of their policies.

We're not supposed to talk politics and you keep trying to make this a conservatives are the victims thing. No one has bitten a few times now. I'd let it go.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We're not supposed to talk politics and you keep trying to make this a conservatives are the victims thing. No one has bitten a few times now.

Not trying to get any bites (and I wasn't the one who brought it up), I just enjoy talking about it and already promised to stop.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd let it go.

Way ahead of you

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

agree to disagree

@TLO governor Newsom's plan makes some sense (although as usually he is tripping over himself to be the "toughest" on Corona)

However, how are people supposed to go back to work without a haircut?  

Hair salons and barber shops need to re-open first.

Edited by mission27

I don't have the will to read the past three pages, so maybe it's been mentioned.

@mission27 the score for the US continues to drop. Do you anticipate this continuing? Also, the death rate "jumped" today so how did our score not go up?

95337193_10220867743151078_1918533299525

On another note, I was listening to the Governor of MO talk today. Apparently only 40 something of our 120ish hospitals have been reporting numbers. He said there's a different number of places reporting each day. Makes me wonder why there isn't a requirement for reporting daily, even if it's zero.

• Like 2

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I don't have the will to read the past three pages, so maybe it's been mentioned.

@mission27 the score for the US continues to drop. Do you anticipate this continuing? Also, the death rate "jumped" today so how did our score not go up?

95337193_10220867743151078_1918533299525

On another note, I was listening to the Governor of MO talk today. Apparently only 40 something of our 120ish hospitals have been reporting numbers. He said there's a different number of places reporting each day. Makes me wonder why there isn't a requirement for reporting daily, even if it's zero.

Our score is not based on deaths, deaths are a lagging indicator 

We also do not focus on any 1 day.  Its a trailing average

But the deaths jumping today is not surprising given the jump in cases ~5-7 days ago

• Like 1

gXjrsVS.png

There is no end in sight. We need to sustain under 30 per day for 2 weeks. Last I checked Philadelphia is worse. And of course... Philly must also be at the under 50/100,000 mark for us to reopen...

I see no way this benchmark set out by the Governor continues to be used as time goes on. Southeast PA is months away from opening at this rate. Sooner or later people are going to riot.

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

gXjrsVS.png

There is no end in sight. We need to sustain under 30 per day for 2 weeks. Last I checked Philadelphia is worse. And of course... Philly must also be at the under 50/100,000 mark for us to reopen...

I see no way this benchmark set out by the Governor continues to be used as time goes on. Southeast PA is months away from opening at this rate. Sooner or later people are going to riot.

Its driven by increased testing, you also have to look at these numbers as a percentage of cases or active cases which is why I think looking at a flat number is the wrong standard.  

This is what PA trailing 7-day average deaths looks like (more stable metric for such a small sample size):

image.png

Deaths is a trailing indicator.  Actual cases probably peaked around 4/15 and are likely on the way down.

5 hours ago, mission27 said:

#seasonality

image.png

image.png

image.png

With all indicators pointing to this being an airborne virus, it only makes sense that warm and humid weather would slow the spread. Are there any airborne viruses where seasonal conditions didn't have at least a minor impact on its ability to spread?

• Like 1

@Shanedorf you're my cure viability guy. @ramssuperbowl99 is my agent/lawyer/medicine guy, so it behooves me to include you too.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/chicago-hospital-successfully-treats-struggling-covid-19-patient-with-plasma-from-virus-survivor

This sounds good - a possible countermeasure that can be replicated? Or is this a case by case sort of thing?

The way I see it, I'll breathe easy when we can establish a countermeasure that is both scalable and repeatable, and using plasma from people who have beat the virus sounds like it checks both boxes...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/amp/skorea-experts-downplay-possible-reinfections/1818085

I found this statement from Oh Myoung-don (head of SK Central Clinical Committee) extremely encouraging:

'He said lab tests on animals suggest that COVID-19 patients would maintain immunity for at least a year after their infections.'

I'm not sure how they can test for that, but he's a damn good source, so that's encouraging news.

Edited by WizeGuy

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

@Shanedorf you're my cure viability guy. @ramssuperbowl99 is my agent/lawyer/medicine guy, so it behooves me to include you too.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/chicago-hospital-successfully-treats-struggling-covid-19-patient-with-plasma-from-virus-survivor

This sounds good - a possible countermeasure that can be replicated? Or is this a case by case sort of thing?

The way I see it, I'll breathe easy when we can establish a countermeasure that is both scalable and repeatable, and using plasma from people who have beat the virus sounds like it checks both boxes...

I have 3 jobs and I'm qualified for zero. Alrighty then.

But antibodies in your systemic circulation are located in plasma (well, technically serum, but let's call it close enough), so this is the type of "yeah let's see what happens we've got nothing else" trial that I'd want to see data on right away.

• Like 1