Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

On April 30, 2020 at 11:34 PM, mission27 said:

California shutting down beaches is dumb af

The chances of getting COVID outside, on a beach, when its 85 degrees outside are basically zero.  This disease spreads in confined spaces and more quickly at more moderate temperatures. 

Meanwhile the social and public health benefits of allowing people to go to the beach when its hot out are real

You say you are weeks away from relaxing other restrictions on things like retail and restaurants, but now is the time to shut down outdoor spaces where risk of transmission is near zero?

Just another example of Newsom tripping over himself to appear to be the toughest on corona, rather than following a more balanced science based approach that weighs risk and reward 

@TLO

There's other ways to deal with the heat besides congregate at the beach in CA. Plus CA lacks the humidity factor that other places like Florida has. The OC beaches also were essentially open while other beaches in SoCal were closed. SD beaches for example were just now easing restrictions. IN the end, Newsom rightfully had to make an example of that county.

On May 1, 2020 at 8:21 AM, Tyty said:

I like that everyone on here can have contradictory views and it’s still civil. Information is being posted and no ones being an idiot. Meanwhile Facebook is a cesspool 

Easier to ban people on here than Facebook 😅

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Why? I don't see why the gov or businesses would stop pushing them, and I don't see why people would stop wearing them when there's still a threat. 

Just seems like a pessimistic take. 

History repeats itself.  Most people hate wearing masks.  They will stop.

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I saw this from the start of this whole thing, but so many people called me out on it and said smoking was worse for this, so I got my mom to quit smoking and now this comes up.

• Like 2

I think NFL teams should reduce capacity to ten percent and charge ten times the cost for tickets.  That way they can get the same amount of ticket sales from the Super rich without risking another wave or outbreaks from stadium attendance.

Make a deal with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Prime for streaming rights.  **** Directv and their exclusive license.  

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I saw this from the start of this whole thing, but so many people called me out on it and said smoking was worse for this, so I got my mom to quit smoking and now this comes up.

You could argue your mom quit smoking for no reason

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m gonna get her a vape thing.  For her health.  **** this world is weird.

Seems like the responsible thing to do

Gotta get her hooked quick before the desire fades 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I think NFL teams should reduce capacity to ten percent and charge ten times the cost for tickets.  That way they can get the same amount of ticket sales from the Super rich without risking another wave or outbreaks from stadium attendance.

Make a deal with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Prime for streaming rights.  **** Directv and their exclusive license.  

You know, there are some people who would pay that.  Problem is, in addition to the super rich, you've got a small percentage of fans who live and die with their teams and might bankrupt themselves to attend games.  But as we are seeing in the world right now, sometimes you can't fix stupid. 

• Like 1

Speaking of the nursing home/assisted living items, I actually found those from a friend of mine's mother on Facebook.  She has done a lot of research into it being off work (and her mom in her 90's is in a nursing home) and it's really bad.  All of the sudden, she's starting to become an activist for it.  I really hope she can make some headway.