Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, mission27 said:

We'll let the beard slide, but gonna need you to lose some weight tbh

Sounds like you're impending on MUH FREEDOM

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I used sporting events because I cannot think of any other example of crowds.  Lol.  I have been in a place with more than a hundred people like three times in my life, and twice were at Lambeau Field, once when I was a kid and couldn't even go on Splash ****ing Mountain because I was too little and that's all I remember about it. 

Yeah I just think its reasonable for state and local governments to put a limit on non-essential gatherings over 100 people for a little longer, at least until we have better therapeutics OR the organizations holding these events can demonstrate they have social distancing policies in place to prevent them from being catalysts for accelerating community spread

I see no reason personally that you can't have sports return without fans.  Yes, some players will probably get sick.  We're all going to go back to our lives and jobs and might get sick.  Healthy 25 year old millionaires shouldn't get a free pass.  If a player has a personal reason they dont want to do it (e.g. they live with an elderly relative they dont want to be separated from, or just dont want to take the personal risk) that's fine, you can go on the non-sports injury list or whatever, but don't expect to collect a $20m salary when everyone else has to go back to work to feed their families. 

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

My old youth pastor, now pastor pastor of the church I used to go to just held a service from the bed of his truck with everyone in attendance in their cars tuned into a radio station.  He put it up on Facebook.  You gonna tell him he's gotta die because he was preaching messages of hope and faith during a global pandemic if he gets it? 

Yes, I was making fun of your pastor specifically, and that specific church service. Not the morning one. The one you specifically went to. Tell him that you post on a football website and someone on there who doesn't know anything about him really doesn't like him.

(I was obviously referring to any one of the number of incidents of pastors bragging that they will be holding in person services despite knowing its against the law.)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

My old youth pastor, now pastor pastor of the church I used to go to just held a service from the bed of his truck with everyone in attendance in their cars tuned into a radio station.  He put it up on Facebook.  You gonna tell him he's gotta die because he was preaching messages of hope and faith during a global pandemic if he gets it? 

I dont think thats the sort of thing rams is objecting to at all tbh.  Nothing wrong with what you are describing.

There are a few isolated cases of nut cases who put a large number of people / the community at risk, because they are bat **** crazy, but its the usual suspects 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yes, I was making fun of your pastor specifically, and that specific church service.

You take it back.  He's a good man.  A Vikings fan, but still a good man. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mission27 said:

If he's a Vikings fan I'd question how much pull he has with the boss tbhwy

tbf to that Pastor, Moses started off 0-9 in big games before he finally won on a technicality. Pharaoh still leads the all time head to head.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

tbf to that Pastor, Moses started off 0-9 in big games before he finally won on a technicality. Pharaoh still leads the all time head to head.

Pharaoh blew a 28-3 lead

• Like 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/us/coronavirus-updates.html#link-7b42d0f5

As President Trump presses for states to reopen their economies, his administration is privately projecting a steady rise in the number of cases and deaths from coronavirus over the next several weeks, reaching about 3,000 daily deaths on June 1, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times, nearly double from the current level of about 1,750.

The projections, based on modeling by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and pulled together in chart form by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, forecast about 200,000 new cases each day by the end of the month, up from about 25,000 cases now.

I'm not sure what to make of this

Is this just bad reporting 

Or is the assumption that we are going to massively ramp up testing by 10x?

Because there is no precedent for this anywhere...

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

As far as bars, concerts, sporting events, parks, theme parks, etc, open them the hell up.  If people want to go to massive gatherings of people, that choice is on them and they need to suffer the consequences.

Then you’re also forcing employees to go work in unsafe conditions. If an employee declines work for their safety, they will be denied unemployment. Good luck finding another job right now. 

• Like 2

Surprised nobody has brought up Vietnam, probably the best case in the world ; 

I still have a ton of friends and ex-coworkers living there, so my feeds have been updating me about what was going on there. Long story short, almost instantly, any one arriving to the country was screened and most put in quarantine. On top of actually enforcing the stay at home orders. They were doing this as early as early as February. Result ; 

271 Confirmed cases, 0 deaths for 95+ million people.

Pretty amazing considering its a huge travel hub for countries hit hard by COVID (China, Western Europe, S Korea, Japan). Granted, its an incredibly young country which probably helped things.

• Like 3