Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Or choice 3: We refuse to go back to work and demand unemployment benefits we are all entitled to from the government officials gifting trillions of dollars(tax payer btw) to billion dollar companies.

The government prints money, not food.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Or choice 3: We refuse to go back to work and demand unemployment benefits we are all entitled to from the government officials gifting trillions of dollars(tax payer btw) to billion dollar companies.

also obv bro thats communism

Just now, mistakey said:

yeah, but the disruptions in the food supply is a very real thing.  

Alex Jones says its okay to eat our neighbors so

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

I dont think thats the sort of thing rams is objecting to at all tbh.  Nothing wrong with what you are describing.

There are a few isolated cases of nut cases who put a large number of people / the community at risk, because they are bat **** crazy, but its the usual suspects 

I thought I heard something about a church service being broken up where everyone was in their vehicles but I could be wrong

1 minute ago, theJ said:

The government prints money, not food.

have you ever eaten money. Its not bad

9 minutes ago, mission27 said:
14 minutes ago, mistakey said:

womp womp.  This would pretty much demolish your entire narrative tho, wouldnt it?

Model is wrong

Yeah this seems intuitively wrong.  We plateaued on daily new cases at around 30k/day at the beginning of April, and it hasn't really changed since then.  How is that going to balloon to 200k/day in the next month?  I don't see that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

Also I enjoy choice one

We just go back to work and kill grandma.

I mean really, screw her anyways.

Let's just do choice 4 where no one dies or suffers in anyway. I don't know why the government didn't think of that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i think what is more likely is your model is wrong

Maybe his model is wrong, but the one you posted seems really wrong.  I just don't understand what the trigger would be to hit exponential growth again in the next few weeks.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yeah this seems intuitively wrong.  We plateaued on daily new cases at around 30k/day at the beginning of April, and it hasn't really changed since then.  How is that going to balloon to 200k/day in the next month?  I don't see that.

uh, cause on a state by state level the numbers in maryland, michigan, ohio, and illinois are bad... texas is reopening... georgia is reopening.

we plateaued on daily new cases due to literal social distancing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

Maybe his model is wrong, but the one you posted seems really wrong.  I just don't understand what the trigger would be to hit exponential growth again in the next few weeks.

stopping social distancing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

nvm

Edited by mistakey

1 minute ago, Glen said:

You cant eat money, you cant heat your house with money, you cant treat diseases with money, money doesn't get you from point a to point b, money doesn't build buildings 

You can use money to buy all of those things... i.e. by paying people to go to work and make you food, run power plants, treat your diseases, drive buses, drive trains, fly planes, build buildings, etc. etc.  

Nominal economics don't matter.  The real economy is what matters .

The society you are proposing is one in which we rely on a large chunk of people who tend to be less well off and or minority folks to continue to bare the risk and likelihood of getting sick while white collar workers and those in less essential industries stay home for 18 months collecting checks, nobody lives their lives, and the real (not nominal) wealth of our society plummets

If you truly believe that cost is worth it to save the lives it will likely save, that's fine, you are entitled to that opinion.  But denying that there is a substantial cost to lockdown or claiming that those who are against the lockdown are just greedy or immoral is ridiculous.  There's a real cost here and its reasonable for some to question whether we need to re-calibrate the cost benefit going foward. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

uh, cause on a state by state level the numbers in maryland, michigan, ohio, and illinois are bad... texas is reopening... georgia is reopening.

we plateaued on daily new cases due to literal social distancing

Social distancing isn't stopping.  Some things are re-opening, but a lot of things are remaining closed.  Millions still can't go back to work because daycares and schools are still closed.  Restaurants are still closed.  

I'd like to see what this model is based on.  The powerpoint doesn't say.

Where can i put money down on the under?

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

also it owuld be 200k at the end of june

The graph in the powerpoint thing says 6/1.  The tweet says 6/1.  That's a month from now, not end of June.