Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5/24/2020 MoL Scores:

Methodology and disclaimer: MoL score is a simple metric for measuring rate of spread of the novel coronavirus within communities.  The metric was developed by mission and TLO and has not been subjected to academic peer review.  The MoL looks at a trailing average of daily new cases and compares this to trailing active cases within the community.  These rankings do not represent the opinion of anyone other than mission and TLO and should not be taken as advice of any kind.  Please note while the numbers themselves are objective calculations, smugness and Taylor Swift lyrics may factor into our commentary and decisions on tiers.  The MoL reserves the right to make changes to this methodology at any time.  Please follow all relevant governmental and/or WHO/CDC guidance.  We will defeat this virus.

"We're happy, free, confused and lonely in the best way. It's miserable and magical, oh yeah“

- Taylor Swift

I am smug.

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

giphy.gif

Tier 1 countries are pretty,... pretty... pretty good

How to safely open up in Tier 1? Take a look at the MoL method for proper easing, otherwise known as the MoL public health cost benefit matrix.

Israel: 0.4

Netherlands: 0.4

France: 0.5

Belgium: 0.8

Japan: 0.7

Italy: 0.9

UK: 0.9

Portugal: 1.0

New Zealand: 1.3

Spain: 1.4

Australia: 1.7

Switzerland: 1.8

USA: 2.1 

Sweden: 2.2

South Korea: 2.2

Philippines: 2.4

Ireland: 2.4

Czech Republic: 2.5

Singapore: 2.7

Turkey: 3.0

Germany: 3.5

Austria: 3.6

China: 4.5

Hong Kong: 5.1

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

source.gif

Tier 2 countries aren't  doing as well as Tier 1 countries, but eh, we'll give 'em a pass, why not!  Especially since Larry doesn't want to get fatwahed again.

Global: 3.1

Canada: 3.4 

Russia: 4.2

Denmark: 5.4

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

giphy.gif

These countries could really do a lot better if they followed common decency standards, like washing their hands or respecting wood 

India: 11.0

Iran: 11.8

Brazil: 13.4

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

source.gif

We feel very bad for the last Tier 4 country remaining on our list, the Mexico.  Its like that time Funkhauser became an orphan at 60 (RIP Funkhauser).

Mexico: 26.1

USA State Level MoLs

image.png

MoL Deaths

Another solid drop in the death rate which is now 44% below the all-time high of a month ago.  great job!

image.png

Canada

image.png

Great job @JBURGE

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 @sdrawkcab321 @Nazgul @kingseanjohn  @TwoUpTwoDown @Xenos @Nex_Gen @FinneasGage @TVScout @seriously27 @N4L and the others who love us so much

We'd even like to thank @pwny @Glen and others for their critical attitude because of the attention it brings to the great work MoL is doing 

@mission27

source.gif

The message of this gif is that the MoL is signing out until tomorrow (although we reserve the right to **** on anyone who questions our authority on these matters).  

• Like 3

Has anyone been tested for Covid? And if so why?

My wife is all worried because I’ve had headaches/body aches and a sore throat for a few days and now i have a fever. Plus with a little one in the house she has me quarantined in our room. Just wondering how you made the decision to get tested? Like you put yourself in harms way to get tested assuming you’re negative but if you’re positive its best to fine out sooner right?

If this falls under the medical advice type of question I apologize

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

My wife is all worried because I’ve had headaches/body aches and a sore throat for a few days and now i have a fever. Plus with a little one in the house she has me quarantined in our room. Just wondering how you made the decision to get tested? Like you put yourself in harms way to get tested assuming you’re negative but if you’re positive its best to fine out sooner right?

If you’ve had a known exposure or are concerned, it may be worth it.

You could also just have another viral infection or strep.

Do you have insurance?  Many insurers are doing free virtual visits right now.  With a virtual visit they can diagnose, prescribe meds (antibiotics if needed) and order Covid testing.

That would be my advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Get tested 

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

“These countries could really do a lot better if they followed common decency standards, like washing their hands” - @TLO

->names 3 nonwhite countries

pretty racist bro

“It’s just a fact.. of how I feel”

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

“These countries could really do a lot better if they followed common decency standards, like washing their hands” - @TLO

->names 3 nonwhite countries

pretty racist bro

Tbh this post is a clear violation of forum rules 

But we're the bad guys right

22 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbh this post is a clear violation of forum rules 

But we're the bad guys right

Whew lad

Not defending the racism but instead going this route

whew whew

• Like 3