Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, Mega Ron said:

Nice. Hang out in the water after everyone has pissed in it all day long.

Usually that involved eating the rest of the food that the snack shack prepared, or trying to sneak down the slides.  

Can't say I usually stuck around for much longer than the food.  But as a young teenager, pool piss didn't worry me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

I have a weird thing about Omni hotels, idk why, just find them generally nicer than your average Marriott or Westin tbh.  There aren't enough of them.

I've stayed in two that I recall. One in Texas somewhere, Corpus Christi maybe, and South Carolina I believe.

I've found JW Marriotts to be nicer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

I've stayed in two that I recall. One in Texas somewhere, Corpus Christi maybe, and South Carolina I believe.

I've found JW Marriotts to be nicer.

Oh yeah JW's are super nice.  A step down from Four Seasons and St Regis tier, but I've found them to be just as nice as a Ritz Carlton often tbh.  Hilton's copycat brand (Conrad) isn't quite as nice imo although still a quality hotel.

Based on state by state numbers, May 25th saw:

- Lowest number of deaths since March 29th 

- Highest number of tests performed (and that's after correction of mixing viral and antibody tests)

- Lowest % of tests coming back positive

- 2nd lowest number of cases reported since March 27th 

Mondays are slow but still encouraging trend continues.

26 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Based on state by state numbers, May 25th saw:

- Lowest number of deaths since March 29th 

- Highest number of tests performed (and that's after correction of mixing viral and antibody tests)

- Lowest % of tests coming back positive

- 2nd lowest number of cases reported since March 27th 

Mondays are slow but still encouraging trend continues.

It's going to be interesting if there are spikes in the next few weeks. People are letting their guard down, and while they are mostly outside- theyre still gathering in large groups with no masks and zero social distancing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

It's going to be interesting if there are spikes in the next few weeks. People are letting their guard down, and while they are mostly outside- theyre still gathering in large groups with no masks and zero social distancing.

It'll be interesting to see how long people keep saying "it'll be interesting to see if there are spikes in the next few weeks" 

It's been said countless times for many reasons over the past month... Anytime there has been any sign of people ignoring social distancing, anytime we see crowds anywhere, anytime we see protests, etc...

And yet the expected spikes never came... Interesting indeed.

Edited by rob_shadows

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

It'll be interesting to see how long people keep saying "it'll be interesting to see if there are spikes in the next few weeks" 

It's been said countless times for many reasons over the past month... Anytime there has been any sign of people ignoring social distancing, anytime we see crowds anywhere, anytime we see protests, etc...

And yet the expected spikes never came... Interesting indeed.

Let's not act like any of us knows what the future holds just yet. Thats petty arrogance. 

I was happy to see there werent any spikes due to the protesting, but we've seen outbreaks at churches, so we're not out of the water yet. This is new territory we're entering, and I'm hoping like hell other factors outside of social distancing and wearing masks keep the RO low.

Until we're in phase 4 with no outbreaks, then every move we make towards normalcy will be intriguing to me. Hoping for the best, but im expecting this grimey little booger to linger around a while. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Let's not act like any of us knows what the future holds just yet. Thats petty arrogance. 

I was happy to see there werent any spikes due to the protesting, but we've seen outbreaks at churches, so we're not out of the water yet. This is new territory we're entering, and I'm hoping like hell other factors outside of social distancing and wearing masks keep the RO low.

Until we're in phase 4 with no outbreaks, then every move we make towards normalcy will be intriguing to me. Hoping for the best, but im expecting this grimey little booger to linger around a while. Time will tell. 

Didn't mean to insinuate anyone knows what's going to happen, just pointing out that so far the spikes haven't happened and I legitimately find that interesting because I've definitely seen plenty of evidence first hand that a lot of people have been ignoring the recommendations as they grow tired of all this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Didn't mean to insinuate anyone knows what's going to happen, just pointing out that so far the spikes haven't happened and I legitimately find that interesting because I've definitely seen plenty of evidence first hand that a lot of people have been ignoring the recommendations as they grow tired of all this.

*Fingers crossed it stays that way*

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I think, anecdotally, that the chances of spreading this outdoors is pretty low. So when you see all these pics of people congregating outside, it looks nuts but not much is coming out of it. 

And with most people still quarantining to some extent, it limits that secondary and tertiary exposure that you need to hit explosive growth. 

For me personally, the daycares being closed has kept me healthy. When the kids don't get sick, I don't get sick. 😂

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I agree completely.  At least in my area, masks are still mandatory and the vacation spot on the ocean was at least some socially distanced.  

Every big thing we come across now will be measured in "what happens in two weeks?" for quite some time I'm afraid.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree completely.  At least in my area, masks are still mandatory and the vacation spot on the ocean was at least some socially distanced.  

Every big thing we come across now will be measured in "what happens in two weeks?" for quite some time I'm afraid.  

I think it's a good sign that all the restrictions we've placed on ourselves weren't 100% necessary. Not to say that we shouldn't have done them, but that some people acting like bozos doesn't doom us all. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think it's a good sign that all the restrictions we've placed on ourselves weren't 100% necessary. Not to say that we shouldn't have done them, but that some people acting like bozos doesn't doom us all. 

I agree.  Being more careful was the right way to go.  I've always said here that I don't believe some businesses should've been forced to close, but that's also 20/20 hindsight talking.  

• Like 1

The national sailboat and power boat shows will be returning to Annapolis in October.  This closes downtown Annapolis to parking for over two weeks, and each event has four days each.  They are doing ticket sales per day, and once the tickets are sold, no more people can attend.  This is one of the biggest two weeks of the year for Annapolis tourism, and sometimes there is also a Navy football game attached to it.  The only busier times of year are Navy's graduation, and if we host an Air Force game.  Really glad to see this coming back to the area with limits