Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If you need a replacement, I can come up with about 20 million potential referrals.

This is 100% the scene from the office when Michael quits and then realizes there are no jobs out there. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, winitall said:

This is 100% the scene from the office when Michael quits and then realizes there are no jobs out there. 

I'm sure this guy isn't at the level where he has to look for a job.  He's at the level where he gets headhunted.  

Bloomberg News - Sweden’s top epidemiologist has admitted his strategy to fight Covid-19 resulted in too many deaths, after persuading his country to avoid a strict lockdown.

“If we were to encounter the same illness with the same knowledge that we have today, I think our response would land somewhere in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done,” Anders Tegnell said in an interview with Swedish Radio.

Tegnell is the brains behind Sweden’s controversial approach to fighting the virus, and the government of Stefan Lofven has deferred to the epidemiologist in its official response to the pandemic. Gatherings of more than 50 people continue to be banned, but throughout the crisis Swedes have been able to visit restaurants, go shopping, attend gyms and send children under 16 to school.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mission27 said:

Disagree tbh

If we didnt have a shortage of masks we could've asked people to wear masks in late February / early March when this started to explode in Europe, instead of passing off that masks don't help for a month plus while this spread like wildfire.  Probably would've stopped it in its tracks.  Not to mention, healthcare workers would not have been exposed and gotten sick or died in as large numbers. 

Yes novel coronavirus was not on anyone's radar but this same stuff is important if there's ever a major flu pandemic (which could be even more deadly) and that was on everyones radar in public health, not having the supplies was a mistake.  East Asia had the supplies and look how much better they've done after the initial outbreak.

Didn't they call out the military to enforce the lock down with the permission to shoot anyone who tried to leave Wuhan? That's gotta make it easier to stall the spread right? Not saying supplies don't help but a tyrannical government with absolute authority can curb it easier with those kinds of tactics. 

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Didn't they call out the military to enforce the lock down with the permission to shoot anyone who tried to leave Wuhan? That's gotta make it easier to stall the spread right? Not saying supplies don't help but a tyrannical government with absolute authority can curb it easier with those kinds of tactics. 

Boy, do I have some news for you.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Good thing we’re inching our way there.  

This fall should be a breeze at this rate. 😂 ...🙂....😬...😟....😢

Guess the next catastrophe pool:

My money is in Yellowstone erupting.  Although I was really tempted to put my bet on an Austrian Prime Minister getting assassinated and starting WW3.

Can’t we just get back to straws killing turtles being the biggest news stories?

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Good thing we’re inching our way there.  

This fall should be a breeze at this rate. 😂 ...🙂....😬...😟....😢

Hilarious how many of the "I stand with HK" people flipped really quick to "Well there's a curfew and they shouldn't be In the middle of the street, and they were throwing water bottles and had menacing umbrellas"

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

My money is in Yellowstone erupting.  Although I was really tempted to put my bet on an Austrian Prime Minister getting assassinated and starting WW3.

Can’t we just get back to straws killing turtles being the biggest news stories?

I'd put some money on the "big one" earthquake hitting cali

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

too bad that asteroid is gonna just miss us