Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

35 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Whatever happened to the murder hornets?

What i understand is that when the article came out and people started freaking out about it, the problem had already been taken care of.

Basically there's only been one nest found, and a few stragglers here and there.  And that was months ago.  Hasn't been a siting for a while.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theJ said:

What i understand is that when the article came out and people started freaking out about it, the problem had already been taken care of.

Basically there's only been one nest found, and a few stragglers here and there.  And that was months ago.  Hasn't been a siting for a while.

Just another story of the media trying to cause panic lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Didn't they call out the military to enforce the lock down with the permission to shoot anyone who tried to leave Wuhan? That's gotta make it easier to stall the spread right? Not saying supplies don't help but a tyrannical government with absolute authority can curb it easier with those kinds of tactics. 

That was China. Take a look at other Asian countries like Japan.

32 minutes ago, theJ said:

What i understand is that when the article came out and people started freaking out about it, the problem had already been taken care of. Basically there's only been one nest found, and a few stragglers here and there.  And that was months ago.  Hasn't been a siting for a while.

There's been further (more recent) sightings indicating the spread or area they inhabit is larger than initially believed.
If they're in the woods up there..........it's gonna be a ***** to eradicate them IMO and our history of doing so isnt great.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Good thing we’re inching our way there.  

This fall should be a breeze at this rate. 😂 ...🙂....😬...😟....😢

We are not anywhere close to that unless that mole hill looks like a mountain to some. 

Besides some on here were praising that they handled it so quickly without realizing how they handled it. 

Fine I will say it:

I had better never hear the “You want to kill my grandma?!?!” people say anything to me taking my kids on a walk outside after the same people champion “People need to be heard right now regardless of COVID”.

Also, social studies teacher here.

I 100% support peaceful protest. To the people doing it right, I fully support you.

I also support logical consistency pertaining to social distancing and safety during a pandemic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

The protesting is definitely enhanced and partially about Coronavirus as well ; 

100,000+ dead

Abysmal response by the Feds

Unemployment getting close to 20%

Billionaires increasing their wealth by 300+ BILLION dollars while Americans stand in lines at food banks

The US was already a powderkeg

Then to see frontline healthcare workers wearing garbage bags for protection, vs suburban police flaunting MILLIONS of dollars worth of brand new gear set things ablaze.

I dont think it's about C-19. I think the intensity is a result of C-19. 

6/3/2020 MoL Scores:

Methodology and disclaimer: MoL score is a simple metric for measuring rate of spread of the novel coronavirus within communities.  The metric was developed by mission and TLO and has not been subjected to academic peer review.  The MoL looks at a trailing average of daily new cases and compares this to trailing active cases within the community.  These rankings do not represent the opinion of anyone other than mission and TLO and should not be taken as advice of any kind.  Please note while the numbers themselves are objective calculations, smugness and Taylor Swift lyrics may factor into our commentary and decisions on tiers.  The MoL reserves the right to make changes to this methodology at any time.  Please follow all relevant governmental and/or WHO/CDC guidance.  We will defeat this virus.

"I've got a hundred thrown-out speeches I almost said to you"

- Taylor Swift

Today the MoL hopes everyone is safe.

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

giphy.gif

Tier 1 countries are pretty,... pretty... pretty good

How to safely open up in Tier 1? Take a look at the MoL method for proper easing, otherwise known as the MoL public health cost benefit matrix.

New Zealand: 0.0 (perfect score still!)

Spain: 0.2*

Netherlands: 0.3

Belgium: 0.5

France: 0.6

UK: 0.7

Italy: 0.8

USA: 1.9

Czech Republic: 2.1

Canada: 2.3

Sweden: 2.3*

Portugal: 2.4

Japan: 2.6

Australia: 2.7

Turkey: 2.9

Global: 2.9

Switzerland: 3.0

Singapore: 3.2

Germany: 3.4

Austria: 3.6

Ireland: 4.1

Israel: 4.3

China: 5.2

Hong Kong: 13.3 (showing signs of stabilizing)

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

source.gif

Tier 2 countries aren't  doing as well as Tier 1 countries, but eh, we'll give 'em a pass, why not!  Especially since Larry doesn't want to get fatwahed again.

Russia: 3.9

Denmark: 5.1

Philippines: 6.3

South Korea: 6.6

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

giphy.gif

These countries could really do a lot better if they followed common decency standards, like washing their hands or respecting wood 

India: 9.8

Brazil: 10.9

Iran: 11.9

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

source.gif

We feel very bad for the last Tier 4 country remaining on our list, the Mexico.  Its like that time Funkhauser became an orphan at 60 (RIP Funkhauser).

Mexico: 23.0

USA State Level MoLs

image.png

MoL is a bit worried about the trends we're seeing in North Carolina and Arizona, even as the last set of hot spots (Minny, DC metro) are trending in a very positive direction

MoL Deaths

Big drop today, back almost to the all time lows around 1k.  Next couple days could be good opportunities to head back in the right direction. 

image.png

Canada

image.png

Great job @JBURGE

Quebec doing great.  Ontario still meh.

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 @sdrawkcab321 @Nazgul @kingseanjohn  @TwoUpTwoDown @Xenos @Nex_Gen @FinneasGage @TVScout @seriously27 @N4L and the others who love us so much

We'd even like to thank @pwny @Glen and others for their critical attitude because of the attention it brings to the great work MoL is doing 

@TLO

source.gif

The message of this gif is that the MoL is signing out until tomorrow (although we reserve the right to **** on anyone who questions our authority on these matters)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Guess the next catastrophe pool:

My money is in Yellowstone erupting.  Although I was really tempted to put my bet on an Austrian Prime Minister getting assassinated and starting WW3.

Can’t we just get back to straws killing turtles being the biggest news stories?

Asteroid.

No new COVID-19 cases from Lake of the Ozarks crowds, Missouri health director says | Regional | stltoday.com
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/state-and-regional/no-new-covid-19-cases-from-lake-of-the-ozarks-crowds-missouri-health-director-says/article_6f36ad32-d125-5382-b78f-74bd0f6510ac.html

Great news. It's been nearly two weeks since the parties, so youd think we'd start to see the beginning of an outbreak at this point. Seasonality may play a factor. If there arent any spikes in a couple of weeks due to the protesting, then the summer may not be so bad at all. 

Of course many of the party goers are young and fit, so that may factor into all of this, too.

Edited by WizeGuy