Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It doesn't look like it - they're made masks mandatory, but that's the extent of it.

I have friends and family in the medical field here in Houston, and they are all ranting about the lack of action. This is going to get very ugly - Texas Children's Hospital here has started to admit adults in an effort to manage ICU beds in the city.

This is not going well at all...

All I can say is you and your family, stay safe.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh did you think that was it?? You ready?......................

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.0c00772

".... The results suggest that the garlic essential oil is a valuable natural antivirus source, which contributes to preventing the invasion of coronavirus into the human body..."

BRB getting my garlic flavored milk.

I might buy this if Italy didn't get hit so hard.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I might buy this if Italy didn't get hit so hard.

Its pretty meaningless, so don't buy it under any circumstances.

They used computer modeling to see if the compounds found in garlic would interact with certain receptors found in humans
This isn't even a test tube result, its dudes playing around with simulation software. Now its not useless, its a proven method used in very early drug discovery. But they're also 5+  years away from proving anything useful vs the virus and that's the hard part.

Its sort of like saying "two elite athletes made a baby together ! ... time to prepare the Hall of Fame induction for the kid " 
My guess is that if you eat 17 lbs of garlic a day, you should be reasonably virus - free. 

Peer-reviewed clinical results in human beings from this planet.... that's what we're after
Derek Lowe at In the Pipeline is one good resource:   https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/

The rest are interesting stories and anecdotes and there's nothing wrong with that from an entertainment POV.

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It doesn't look like it - they're made masks mandatory, but that's the extent of it.

I have friends and family in the medical field here in Houston, and they are all ranting about the lack of action. This is going to get very ugly - Texas Children's Hospital here has started to admit adults in an effort to manage ICU beds in the city.

This is not going well at all...

😢😢😢😢😢🤬🤬🤬🤬

Wish I could do more than post emojis. Sorry man. Prayers is all I can give right now.

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Europe is discussing banning U.S. travellers due to the increasing 8nfections in the U.S.

I wonder why they're only in discussion and haven't implemented a ban months ago.

We're clearly one of the worst places on the planet for Covid 19 with nobody doing anything about it.

• Like 1