Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I read a headline that Minnesota gets an A+ for social distancing based on smart phone data. Not sure what to think about that

Not surprising at all with a heavy Scandinavian heritage. We distance by default.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I feel like I would judge "worst" based on deaths and death rates.  In that regard I believe we are near the bottom of these countries.  Obviously a lot has yet to play out but this feels a bit misleading. 

Edited by acowboys62
Mispelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No weights, just shooting hoops, etc..

You told me you dunked. Dunking—at your age—is extremely risky. Knock it off. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That chart doesn’t take into account population though, correct?

I believe all of his data is adjusted for population.

Edit: I take it back. He has produced some that are population adjusted, but this one is not. Regardless, most of his numbers paint a pretty bleak picture.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, August4th said:

when people say it takes 12-18 months to get a vaccine is the starting point now or when this started in china around November last yr? did the Chinese start working on a vaccine back then?

From the first human trial of that vaccine.  

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

First world problem:

My house is going to be finished and yet the inspectors office for the county is closed. I’m going to be paying interest on a house I don’t live in and rent for our rental indefinitely. I’m also worried about what will happen in the long run and the impact on the housing market. This is completely unsustainable.

That's rough. You are waiting for reassessment and for the final permit? 

Honestly, if I were you I would probably move in (assuming it's not too much hassle). What are they going to do? They are closed. It's your house. You shouldnt have to pay a mortgage for a house that is sitting empty 

As long as it was done according to the plans that the city signed off on previously, I don't see the downside. 

You could probably play the "I'm a teacher and I can't/couldn't afford to pay for two houses" angle later if they do get on you about it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

interesting thread using data from smart thermometer products.  looks like the curve is flattening.  i dont think this necessarily contradicts cuomo's info from yesterday.  they bumped up testing massively and they could have just gotten through the backlog that should have showed up earlier

Hmmm

You mean

The world isnt going to end?

• Like 1